PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Winch Challenge 27-29 June

JP Mark
25-06-2003, 09:24 PM
Extreme Winch Challenge is on this weekend if anyone is interested in going up for a look. Event is held just outside Booral which is about 3 hours north of Sydney (F3/Pacific Hwy, just past Raymond Terrace take Buckets Way towards Gloucester, turn right at Booral and follow the signs). Entry is $10 per head?? At least 2 Jeeps competing (myself/Coops & Max/Kent) so come up and cheer us on.

POS
26-06-2003, 08:29 PM
Good luck in the Comp!

Sorry this may be a stupid question but have you competed in the other winch challenges or OBC?

JP Mark
26-06-2003, 11:24 PM
No. neither of those but have competed in Easter Jambo comps, Battle of the States @ emu Creek, Woodpecker, Nissan Trials and Tuff Truck. Looking forward to seeing how Dave Ms events are put together.

LEXX
27-06-2003, 01:30 AM
Good luck fella's!!!!

Would love to come and watch but a bit far for me. :D

I'm sure you'll do the Jeeing community proud!!!

Coops
30-06-2003, 08:37 AM
Well what a great experience!! :D

Jeeps placed 5th and 25th?

Max and Kent the dynamic Father and on team did really well, unfortunately they lost the brake off the Highmount on SS8 which was the mother of all winch hills and DNF, (mm seems the brake off my highmount has gone for a small fee eh Max) but did get the stage managers award for the stage. They ended up 5th overall which was great.

Mark and I got the Stage Managers award for ss5 which was great. We ended up mid pack but for our first attempt I feel we did well. Thanks to JP MArk for driving it was definatley a good way to get some winching experience.

Coops

billsta
30-06-2003, 09:46 AM
snap...
would have love to come up for that, missed out helping out a friend and got sick..
anyhow, good to hear you guys went well..
cheers

sir_camel
30-06-2003, 10:10 AM
Congrats Guys. Sounds like a good weekend.

Jumbo
30-06-2003, 04:16 PM
Well done I managed to catch up with max(pulling a Nissan with caravan out of the camping ground)up there but missed you guys.

JP Mark
30-06-2003, 04:55 PM
Yeah, we missed you Jumbo, didn't you feel like braving the mud? Interesting event - lots of slippery mud (all over the site) and pretty much horsepower dominated (and being confident enough to drive that hard) but good winching technique and plasma rope helped a lot. Max and Kent did very well and held up the Jeep flag for the weekend. I think Craig and I actually scored 28th place but we won't mention that again will we :oops: . I was trying not to brake anything which is no way to win an event of this type. Big thanks to Craig for braving the mud as my co-driver so I could sit back and wave to the crowd. Funny thing about these events is that quite often the spectators can't quite believe you are putting a Jeep through the hard stuff and are always impressed when the Jeeps do it with class!

billsta
30-06-2003, 06:53 PM
so what do you guys think of the organisation of the whole event.

mick and i sort of had a chat with Dave Mac and his Extreme4x4 lads on the rally, and thought they had some great orgaising ideas etc...

JP Mark
01-07-2003, 02:59 PM
Some aspects of the event were good and others were a little hit and miss. information flow for first timers was a problem as you needed to have a bit of prior knowledge of how things were going to be run. Some of the probs would have been dye to first time at a new venue so I would imagine the Qld rounds are better organised.