PDA

View Full Version : Fan Belts

dudoop
10-08-2003, 03:45 PM
Gents this is a follow up to the post earlier this month now that the belt has been fitted
To find the original part number lift your bonnet and on the radiator support pannel you should see a little drawing showing the direction of the fan belt and how it runs around your pulley set up at the bottom of this drawing there is a number this is your original part number if you want a belt from jeep

Two belts that we no you can get aftermarket alot cheaper are
of a 97 wrangler with air
original number 53013298AA
after market Dayco belt number 6pk 2260

12/98 wrangler with air
original number 53013005AB
after market Dayco belt number 6pk2300

I was told by chrysler that all jeeps up till 2000 had the same belt and didnt matter if it had air or not this is crap
the set up on the 98 differs from the 97 in that it was a different air compressor and the 98 had 1 extra idler pulley

When looking at a 2000 and 2001 modles the compressor has now been moved to the bottom of the motor and it looks like it has a sprung loaded idler puley to keep tension on the belt not as the earlier modles that have a adjustind pulley

Just to finish of the original belt was $72 i ended up getting the belt from Veale Automotive parts in Rockingham at mates rates for $42 the smaller belt is worth $38 from Veale if wanting a new belt and your not sure take your old belt and put it on thier measure which will tel you what belt it corosponds to in the Dayco range hope this helps someone out

WOLF
11-08-2003, 01:23 AM
Hey DUNCAN,
Sounds like a familiar line from most dealers doesn't it?
They should know their product! IE Last week we rang Mandurah JEEP and asked for a new rear pinion seal for a DANA 44.
The guy in the parts dept told me that the TJ WRANGLER doesn't have a DANA 44 in the rear? ( WHAT THE ??) But we soughted him out in the end ,and has learn't a bit more a bout the job he should be compitent in.
As for that rear pinion seal....dont even get me started about that ( take 4,or was that 5?)
WOLF