PDA

View Full Version : DriveLine Grease Tip ...

TJPete
25-08-2003, 09:32 AM
HardySpicer supply "HardySpicer" CV grease. Run this is your CV's, driveshaft yokes and driveshaft unis and joints. It is superior and if applied regularly, gives longer life to the joints than any other grease I have used. It is not an expensive lube compared to other "high performance" grease.

Gordo
26-08-2003, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the tip Pete. Will be drowning my DC shaft with it in future :)

OzJeeper
31-08-2003, 11:48 PM
Oh Gordo, Just gotta say - that pic is just "priceless"". The quizzical look, that look of complete question, might I say WTF type of look....
A complete picture of, well I don't know. It's just a complete picture of something. Like "what the heck are you looking at" type of picture.

Say's it all I think...BUT it don't "throb". Needs work methinks...

Soz about the thread hi-jack

Matt N
01-09-2003, 04:07 AM
I have no idea how this compares to the HardySpicer grease but I've been using Castrol Agri Bortax High Performance Grease for about the last 6-7 years.

Castrol guff, from back of cartridge:
* a high performance grease developed for use in a wide range of farm machinery applications;
* combines excellent extreme pressure and adhesion properties with high temperature stability to outperform conventional unfortified greases;
* is water resistant and contains a powerful corrosion inhibitor to protect lubricated machinery parts between seasons. The high performance characteristics of Castrol Agri Bortax allow it to recommended under the most arduous conditions

Typical applications
plain bearings
turntables
ball joints
vibrating shafts
ball and roller bearings
constant velocity joints
jack shafts
spindle bearings
universal joints
bucket pins
any high temperature, high load applcation.

Gordo
02-09-2003, 01:43 PM
It IS a very attractive and intelligent looking beast don't you think ??

And it throbs on the INSIDE