PDA

View Full Version : I DROPPED MY KEYS! DAMMIT!!

Jeeps
30-08-2003, 01:24 AM
I made a bit of an error this afternoon. I went to 'gently' drop my keys (2 small keys on a small ring) into the centre console cup holder but something unexpected happened. It fell into the transfer case lever gap.

You know, the gap with the hairy bristles around your 4wd lever?

Well, i looked and looked and looked and i can't see them anywhere. It's no big loss - they were spare keys anyway but i can't find the buggers - they fell in there GOOD'n'LOST! I'll have a go at pulling the centre console off tomorrow and having a good look but i'm afraid to yank into 4wd - i might damage something or worse, CAN'T get it into 4wd :shock: :? :wink:

Any thoughts? Wooders, Lexx, HELP!!!

billsta
30-08-2003, 02:14 AM
if im right....
its sitting under the plastic upholstery...
you cant get keys throught the gap between the lever and the tub..

sir_camel
30-08-2003, 02:22 AM
I dropped my harbour bridge toll in there once....i was SOOO mad.

Jeeps
30-08-2003, 02:30 AM
I dropped my harbour bridge toll in there once....i was SOOO mad.

Did you get it out?

I'm worried about damaging gears or lever action. I don't think jeep would leave such an easy weak point - but you never know! :?

sir_camel
30-08-2003, 02:38 AM
I just left it....figured its on the road somewhere by now

Jeeps
30-08-2003, 02:49 AM
It wouldn't just 'fall through' would it?

cannibal
30-08-2003, 06:59 AM
you can pull that console out easily, no chance of damaging the 4wd lever, unless you use a chainsaw to undo the console bolts

Wooders
30-08-2003, 07:48 AM
NO it won't fall out ont the road - it's sealed under the console....Just remove the console & they'll be sitting there waiting....
Novel place to keep your spares mate ;)

LEXX
30-08-2003, 11:51 AM
yep you'll have to take that sucker off buddy, not a hard job. Never know you may find a few other treasures under there as well!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Gildo
30-08-2003, 12:36 PM
Amazing when you look in to these kinda spots, spare change, bits of shattered glass, that screw or bolt from the dash that you lost a year ago and usually a Mc Donalds chip or 2.
Word to the wise, they dont taste that good after theyve been down there for a while. :wink:

big red beast
30-08-2003, 02:01 PM
i once dropped a lighter in there, so when i took the console out i found 2 smokes in there too - now i seriously have no idea where they came from, probably a pissed mate

i know i have a packet of extra gum sliding behind my dash from side to side, i sometimes hear it but can't find it, slipped down the corner near the windscreen heheh

Saxon
30-08-2003, 05:33 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------i once dropped a lighter in there, so when i took the console out i found 2 smokes in there too one day when i took out the front carpet i found a full pack of cigarettes near the foot pedals. I have taken the carpet out before and they were not in there then. Im asssuming that some wacky zany jeep apprentice left them under there while he was admiring my acelerator pedal? I don't know.

big red beast
30-08-2003, 05:52 PM
thats some wacky shit champ

beat this one, i bought a 25 pack of smokes, had one while driving and put the packet in my glove box, an hour later i arrived at uni and went to get the pack out - had a bit of trouble opening the glove box but with a bit of pulling i got the sucker open, to my surprise there was a 20 pack in there. So i thought to myself, what the f**k is going on here am i going, im sure i bought a 25 pack, looked inside and the 20 pack had only 2 smokes missing - could not work out what the hell had happened

finally thought there must be a packet behind the glove box - this is after 20minutes of thinking im crazy and running late for class - take out the glove box and theres no packet, go to put it back and the 25 pack drops from above the glove box - still to this day i cant work out how it got stuck up there and another packet that must have been behind or above the box dropped intyo the box
PLEASE EXPLAIN !

mattc
31-08-2003, 12:26 AM
Nicotine messes with your head! :P

Jeeps
31-08-2003, 11:41 PM
Popped it off and no worries. Keys were there waiting for me! :mrgreen: