PDA

View Full Version : Will WJ 16" Fit OK on a ZJ or XJ?

PC_96_GCL_ZJ
22-09-2003, 10:35 PM
Just wondering, brake caliper clearance, etc.

XJBlackie
23-09-2003, 11:56 PM
PC,
I think the WJ has a different stud pattern and offset to both XJ and ZJ. Won't bet my life on it but might give it a go on "Millionaire"!

Anyone else got a clue?

BTW, Ozjeeper, who bought the Brushbar, has discovered that it is not for a ZJ but is a WJ unit...sort of lucky that you missed out, I suppose :roll:

PC_96_GCL_ZJ
24-09-2003, 12:23 AM
Apparently according to Billsta the wheels are not the same stud pattern, according to his post:

PC. FYI,
WJ have 5x5 studs.
TJ, XJ, ZJ, KJ have 5x4.5
CJ has 5x5.5
FS has 6 studs i think..

Yes, I am glad I missed out on the Brush bar, it would have pissed me off especially after paying the collect the bastard too!

I ended up with a near new TJM Winch bar (not made anymore) fullbar (airbag compliant) in black steels, paid $450, picked up in Sydney, Suburban fitted it for $150.

I also got some 130W IPF lights $420 fitted (also opted for the brighter? less watts bulbs for +$180) to the bar. Fortunately the bar was supplied complete with all nuts bolts, brackets, plates, etc. Also picked up a new original Jeep ZJ transfer case skid plate for $100 from Suburban plus a small fitting fee.

Today I collected a Magnaflow/CarSound 2 1/4 high flow SS cat and Magnaflow 2 1/4" SS Muffler, brand new $460 the pair. They are being fitted tommorow (approx $250, all flanged) and my O2 sensors are being tested with a proper O2 test tool (not an oxy!). I am quite anxious about the sound/feel/torque of my personally designed exhaust system seeing as I am planning a fam drive down to batemans bay next week!

On monday I am dropping the petrol tank and replacing the fuel pump and inline filter and cleaning/overhauling the injectors and if time allows I will fit the OME 2" lift. Also plan to swap throttle bodies for the 60mm jobbie and remove the restirctive cold air pipe from the fron of the grill to the airbox with my K & N flatpad
filter.

I also need to wire in my Garmin GPS Street Pilot III, I have already wired it into my WRX and have just picked up all the cables and external GPS antenna, power leads, speaker, etc. Am just undecided as to where to mount it in the ZJ cabin? Oh yeah, I want to replace the power antenna (stuffed) and the heated drivers side mirror (double vision) and wouldn't mind fitting a TV in somewhere too, I have a few of them spare lying around (Clarion 1 DIN with inbuilt tuner and 2 video inputs). On top of this I need to fit in 3 hours of back excercies and physiothereapy per day and try to run my business! I wonder how much I will actually fit in?????

Should be an interesting/stressfull week..................

XJBlackie
24-09-2003, 01:05 AM
Heheheh..it's a JEEP thing, you are beginning to understand!! :mrgreen:

PC_96_GCL_ZJ
24-09-2003, 01:36 AM
Seems that way, I just love cars and doing what I can to them to enhance them to suit my requirements. I certainly know my limits though, pretty much electroncs and low grunt jobs. I was really, really surprised that there was soooo little info available locally about how to build a better flowing exhaust, everyone used the the word "experimentation". I am beginning to wonder if I am on the wrong track here and that maybe the stock system is as good as it gets? Either that or people with jeeps only perfrom mods such as suspension and other off road enhancements.

Even though I am essentially building/modifying for road use I certainly don't want to be left behind by the all conquering TJ's! I think I might have ementioned that I used to own a Wrangler, I did like it a lot but the colour eventually got to me! Magenta :oops: , it just didn't feel right after a while. Still, I only paid about $18K for it from a wholesaler mate and I think it had just around 25000 klm and was about 2 years old. I should have suspected that it must have been either in a sever accident or rolled as nothing fitted anywhere on the damn thing! It wasn't that obvious until you tried to fit new doors, etc, the upper soft foor frames had to be bent down like a parallelagram backward to fit/seal! Doh!

I lasted about 4 months before the colour got to me! Sold it for what I paid for it to a girl who rang up on the trading post or SMH ad at 1.30am on a thursday morning! She wanted to be the first to have dibs on it! Her dad came around the next day for the tyre kick and I told him I tought it had been rolled and that is why I got it cheap and was selling it cheap, they boaght, happy campers!

Gojeep
25-09-2003, 06:11 PM
I have a write up on exhaust on my site in the how to section that might interest you as the engine is the same.
Sounds like you are really doing a lot all at once and hope it all turns out for you :)

PC_96_GCL_ZJ
25-09-2003, 09:40 PM
Yes, I read your site and spoke to your installer in Melbourne and also Duane at Hitech, had the lot fitted/finished today and it sounds pretty food, not much louder than stock and I also replaced both O2 sensors with original jeep parts.

One of the reasons I did this was to get better perfromanace and fuel economy when I am not stamping on it. The response with the new system is fantastic and downshifts appear brisker. Overall I am very happy with my Extractors, Carsound 2 1/4 hiflow cat & Magnaflow 2 1/4 straight thru. I had aeverything flanged and used esisting 2 1/4" pipework.

The other reason I did this upgrade was to try to get rid of a problem I have when the car has been driven for about 30-60 mins and is at normal.hot temp. The problem is a loss of power and backfire (without explosions more a gasping sound out of the exhaust). The more I drive it the problem moves lower down the rpm starting at around 3500-4000 and eventually unable to rev past 2000-2500.

I am stuffed as to what to do next, the ignition 3 x code only shows 12 & 55, no clues there.