PDA

View Full Version : Pics of the J10

OzJeeper
28-09-2003, 08:55 PM
Just a couple of pics of the J10 recently purchased. Needs work, but don't all old Jeeps!
http://members.dcsi.net.au/ozjeeper/J10_1.jpg

http://members.dcsi.net.au/ozjeeper/J10_2.jpg

http://members.dcsi.net.au/ozjeeper/J10_3.jpg

http://members.dcsi.net.au/ozjeeper/J10_4.jpg

sir_camel
28-09-2003, 11:06 PM
Looks great...love thr tray back! The bullbar is...well....big enough for a bull!

OzJeeper
28-09-2003, 11:52 PM
Stuff to d/get done-
Move LPG tank under the tray.
Get it hooked up and working!
Auto elects are trying to get the petrol tank gauge to work (post here)
Get the dood who sold the rig to send the front rotors as promised.
New screen
Ball joint rubbers
Move the rear axle over by 30mm

and I'm sure other stuff will come to light

The tray is 8' by 6' but I think it might get a little "bobtail" to improve departure angle. But not too much to make the load on camper (to be made) too small.
Drives nicely though. The 253 V8 pulls well...

Needs paint.....

Stripped bolts....

Exhaust cost was $$$

billsta
29-09-2003, 12:21 AM
nice rig oz.

OzJeeper
29-09-2003, 12:25 AM
Yep - I like it!

OzJeeper
29-09-2003, 12:33 AM
How to get drummed out of the old Jeep section...
Just realized what happened to my photos while waiting for the pics to load.

Pic one J10 and a ZJ Grand
Pic 2 is the FullSize
Pic 3 is Lexx's TJ in the background
Pic 4 is the FSJ again

All unintentionally in the background...

Jeeps do breed like crazy here mate!

Gildo
29-09-2003, 01:26 AM
Ya gotta stop scratching it, its just getting worse! :mrgreen:

Wooders
29-09-2003, 08:58 AM
I was thinking that you'd nicely placed background objects..... Penguin
Nice looking rig there mate.....Not sure about a Holden donk in a Jeep tho >:)
BTW are those TJ side mirrors :?:

AussieCJ7
29-09-2003, 11:26 AM
You know that farmer is still looking for his gate that is on the front of your J10 :evil: :evil: **)

Looks good though the 253 may be a bit lacking after the heavy camper goes on though ?? 360 would be sweet and return it to Jeep :mrgreen: **)

All you guys are getting new projects is making me jealous if only I could find more room at home Penguin

can not wait to see what you do with this one I am sure it will a beast

javajeep
29-09-2003, 12:48 PM
Hehe - typical Jeepers home - lots of dead Jeeps in the background of the pics

Wooders
29-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Hehe - typical Jeepers home - lots of dead Jeeps in the background of the pics

LOL I'm sure the ZJ & TJ are "dead" :wink:

OzJeeper
30-09-2003, 12:03 AM
Not dead - living dead maybe!

Yep. Wrangler mirrors. OK for the application (now)

Farmers gates now have auto opening on 'em. This one is static. :)

Hmmm it (J10) may end up with a 360 (I have a spare 1) yet but right now the donk in it is doing the job. And thats all I need for now.
Do the other work and then think on the power module.

All I have to focus on today and tomorrow is how to push shite uphill. The house is lower than the septic!!!

Chuck
30-09-2003, 04:55 PM
That aint be a j10 you been sold a damm crap Asian. Jeep (lookalike) a real j10 is gunnna roll up over that asian copy.

sir_camel
30-09-2003, 05:43 PM
That aint be a j10 you been sold a damm crap Asian. Jeep (lookalike) a real j10 is gunnna roll up over that asian copy. :roll:

ACJ
30-09-2003, 06:46 PM
.....Not sure about a Holden donk in a Jeep tho

Noting wrong with a little aussie power in a jeep :D

AussieCJ7
03-10-2003, 12:57 PM
That aint be a j10 you been sold a damm crap Asian. Jeep (lookalike) a real j10 is gunnna roll up over that asian copy.

Chuck this is one bit of Jeep history where Jeep Australia out did the US

They were sold in Australia as a J10 but are really a CJ10 but unlike the US where most CJ10's where 2 wheel drive aircraft tugs ours were 4x4 work trucks But sure as hell aint a asian copy :evil: :evil:

Mark^^
01-01-2005, 09:44 PM
Alas I no longer own this, but this was my ride during the 80's. CJ10 4 WD.

Mark

sir_camel
01-01-2005, 09:47 PM
Looks awesome Mark with the styleside tray. Was that factory?

Mark^^
01-01-2005, 10:00 PM
Yep, never had anything added to it, except the cage for the back with the blue covering. Used it for years on the farm and also used it to move sheep and goats to shows. Was as it came from the dealer and brand new. Was a bit of a monster, but now days I really regretted selling it. I had no choice really as in my mid 20's I left the real life and entered the Catholic Church to study for the Priesthood, and could not take it with me.

I lived outside Canberra drove it to Melbourne and as far up as Cairns. In the 80's it used to cost me 1 tank to get from Canberra to Syd, took about 20 mins to fill and cost about $60 a tank, that’s $120 Canb-Syd-Canb. Cost me a fortune to travel any where, but was far better then any of the "other" 4wd's of that era. LOL

I still miss not being hit in the knees by any gear sticks. LOL. In the CJ10 the gear stick used to vibrate so much I have permanent bruises on my knees. LOL
When I once dented the rear step bumper, no panel beater could fix it, so I backed it up against a bulldozer blade and we both pushed it back into shape. LOL

Ah the memories,

Mark

GMEMUD
04-01-2005, 02:53 PM
Looks good mate .what year is it ? Just wondering as I have just got one also but mine has a padded dash bolt on. 350 chev powered but still has original 4 speed box. It is a 85 mod.

Mark^^
04-01-2005, 07:20 PM
I am not sure but 85 seems right, was a long time ago. Reality is I could not tell you about anything under the bonnet.

Mark

GMEMUD
24-02-2005, 05:52 AM
OzJeeper,
Hey Ozjeeper just admiring ur j10 n wondring what u do with it nowadays whether u use it evryday or only on weekends 4 fun. Mine is still in bits in d process of sanding it getting ready 4 painting. Watever u do with ur J10 HAPPY JEEPIN' MATE!!!

Steve_83
25-02-2005, 06:45 PM
Lucky for me, Ozjeeper no longer has his CJ10. I have it now :mrgreen:
Just had rear axle replaced, and having some bits and pieces added, including CDMA car kit, uhf and stereo. Nothing else planned at this stage till I know I am happy with some changes at work, then I may look into building her up a little with some lift, ratio's, lockers and bigger tyres.

She's a great machine!

Steve

GMEMUD
25-02-2005, 09:19 PM
On ya mate.
Did you get hold a dana 60 for the rear diff or was it only a axle you replaced. How much clearance do you have between the rear springs and the chasis. On mine the strap that goes around the spring to hold the leaves in line is rubbing on the chasis, it has previously been moved along the spring a bit as the groove is still in the chasis. I have a 350 chev in it at the moment but am considering swaping it out for a sd33 nissan diesel.

sir_camel
26-02-2005, 06:59 AM
Alas I no longer own this, but this was my ride during the 80's. CJ10 4 WD.

Mark

I think i saw this CJ10 or a very similar one the other day down near Balmoral Beach. There used to be an awesome CJ5 near that place but now there is a CJ10 replacing it it seems.

Steve_83
26-02-2005, 08:30 PM
On ya mate.
Did you get hold a dana 60 for the rear diff or was it only a axle you replaced. How much clearance do you have between the rear springs and the chasis. On mine the strap that goes around the spring to hold the leaves in line is rubbing on the chasis, it has previously been moved along the spring a bit as the groove is still in the chasis. I have a 350 chev in it at the moment but am considering swaping it out for a sd33 nissan diesel.

Have an AMC 20 in the rear out of an FSJ. How much clearance do I have... ummmm.... NFI I am affraid. Haven't gotten that far yet! A 350 chev would be nice, a diesel conversion even better. That would be at the top of my wish list for sure!

Steve

H.G
26-02-2005, 09:20 PM
saw a j10*I think* it looked like the yellow thing BDASH was hooning around in at jambo for sale.. $7000 going in for a close look soon.. would that be a reasonable asking price or would it have to be in mint condition?

Lifted79CJ7
04-03-2005, 09:47 AM
Aussie Jeep is right, you kids lucked out. The tug version that we got was a REALLY short wheel bas vehicle. Came with the Nissan diesel, 727, and NP 208 that was always in low gear. Also had a dana 70 rear. Sad part is, you can buy them here used, but can't register them for street use. Here is a pic of the US J10:
http://fsjworld.tenmagazines.com/gallery/wagoneer1019/83897.jpg

Wish I could get my hands on one over here for street use...

Jack

GMEMUD
08-03-2005, 08:19 PM
That is one cool looking ute. can't say the same about the housing sory, don't anybody put eaves on anymore to keep the sun off the walls.
I have a 85 J10 350 chev in the process of repainting at the moment. pics on next page of forum under J10 project.