PDA

View Full Version : ARB difflock switches - illumination

clay
14-11-2003, 09:48 AM
Just a quick question for anybody with ARB lockers - are the switches capable of being wired to illuminate with instrumentation lights in addition to the bold light when activated, or do they just have the one bold light when activated and otherwise sit in the dark?

Cheers,

Clay

pommy
14-11-2003, 10:22 AM
I think mine are the standard ones and they illuminate along with the dash instrument lights - so they don't "sit in the dark". I didn't install them myself, though so don't know exactly how they wire up!

Dirtjeep
14-11-2003, 12:50 PM
Mine come on with instrument lights.

Wooders
14-11-2003, 12:53 PM
Ditti & ditto.....

MattW
14-11-2003, 07:42 PM
Yep definately come on with the dash lights

kyro
14-11-2003, 09:10 PM
Yep definately come on with the dash lights they connect to a dash light for the power for the lights. think mine is connected to the transfer case lever lights Penguin

Jeeps
16-11-2003, 03:23 PM
Hmmm...i wonder if it's possible in TJ's to get them to wire up the "Full Time" bit. Y'know how it only says "Part Time" when you're in 4H or 4L. I reckon it'd be tops if the "Full Time" lit up when you activated difflocks... :mrgreen: I think the Rubi's do this???

2 weeks ago some guy in an XJ on Rainbow Beach was absolutely positive that i wasn't in 4wd cause it just said "Part Time" on the dash. Even after he TRIED it in 4wd he just kept saying my TJ's dash light was stuffed...bloody chero owners... :mrgreen: :wink: *jokes*

TJPete
18-11-2003, 04:49 AM
Just a quick question for anybody with ARB lockers - are the switches capable of being wired to illuminate with instrumentation lights in addition to the bold light when activated, or do they just have the one bold light when activated and otherwise sit in the dark?

Cheers,

Clay

Yes and this is the method specified in the ARB installation sheet. Power for the led's in the switches is sourced from the "headlight stream" in the wiring schema.