PDA

View Full Version : Any last minute tips plz

Matthew J Crosby
27-11-2003, 04:20 AM
Hi Guys Me Haymen Reese tow-bar has just arrived.. Has anyone attached one before and have any tips on installation... especially the bending of the fuel tank.... This is a little concern as i had to replace my fuel tank after a engineer bent and ground it in the same place....ok wish me luck... i am no engineer but i am sure i cant cock up as bad as they did :D any tips would be apprectiated thanks guys and happy jeepin :D

Wooders
27-11-2003, 07:19 AM
Errr mate what sort of Jeep are you attaching it too??

Matthew J Crosby
27-11-2003, 07:22 AM
opp's 96 XJ sport

Wooders
27-11-2003, 07:32 AM
Ops sorry can't help yet....I've got a towbar to fit to the wife's XJ which I haven't gotten around to doing yet....maybe weekend after next?

Big_T
27-11-2003, 08:23 AM
I found that the Hayman Reese bar designed for the 97 TJ was actually really well made with close tolerences and very easy to fit - everything lined up.

The slow bit was the wiring.

Hopefully they have got it right for the XJ too.

Gojeep
27-11-2003, 04:26 PM
You dont need to touch the tank at all. I think you are talking about the tank skid instead! Just loosen the skid bolts and slide the towbar in place and bolt it down only after all the bolts are in loose. You might have fun getting the old rear tow hook off as have come across a few that were a real pain. The skid just bolts over the top of the last bolt on the towbar but it bearly needs to bend at all.