PDA

View Full Version : Rear axle removal

mozzy
22-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Would anyone be able to tell me how to remove the axles on a Xj fitted with arb airlockers (rear) I can see the end of the axles and the circlips through a hole in the diff centre but dont know how to get them out. Any help would be great.

AussieRCBasher
22-07-2006, 08:35 PM
GoJeeps site will help u heaps..

optical
23-07-2006, 02:24 PM
push the axels in (towards diff) and the circlips will just fall out, if not just rotate them with your finger and they will drop out (should!)

kyro
23-07-2006, 02:31 PM
i just done mine

had to unscrew a nut on the side to let the center pin slide out so you can push the axle all the way to the center so the clip falls out but dont tkae the pin all the way out or it make it to hard to get all the things to line up again and be carefull not to damage the copper pipe

mozzy
23-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Thanks people, work it out by accident had to undo a cap screw which was a pin through the centre pin which then slide out so i could then push the axles in. (a pin holding a pin) Made to confuse! me thinks. Anyway all good have discs on rear now, did gojeeps conversion but used sloted rotors and braided lines, only bedded the pads so far and already 100% on what it was.