PDA

View Full Version : Aaaarrrgh

numbat
25-09-2006, 07:49 AM
Thought you all might be interested on how good the the roll bars are.
Mine held a fallen tree for 6 hours yesterday. Cracked the head rail and bent the bar on drivers side, the wieght has popped the windscreen out. The tree sat across the roll bar and the suspension was flattened to the floor. SES guys (many many thanks to them) slowly removed tree and then drove TJ out as though nothing had happened. Will post pics soon. I am hoping someone can guide me to a decent wrecker around Sydney. TIA
OOPS I should add I want to try and replace the parts NOT wreck my baby!!

MR EXTREME JEEP
25-09-2006, 09:32 AM
Dude that sux big time. Good thing you werent in the car at the time.
Cant wait for the pics though.:mrgreen:

Gordo
25-09-2006, 10:35 AM
Perfect time for a real cage in case you have a liedown offroad as the stocker aint worth a pinch of pony poo.

Go see a reputable cage builder. Not sure were you are but Rod kilby of Lochleigh Enterprises here in Canberra is the best I know.

Plenty of members on this forum who have had Kilby cages and other work (sidesteps, bars, cargo barriers, etc) done for reasonable prices.

Contact him on (02) 6230-2234 or (04) 1248-1965

addy is 1673 barton hwy, hall nsw (just nth of Canberra)

maddog
25-09-2006, 02:00 PM
Perfect time for a real cage in case you have a liedown offroad as the stocker aint worth a pinch of pony poo.

Go see a reputable cage builder. Not sure were you are but Rod kilby of Lochleigh Enterprises here in Canberra is the best I know.

Plenty of members on this forum who have had Kilby cages and other work (sidesteps, bars, cargo barriers, etc) done for reasonable prices.

Contact him on (02) 6230-2234 or (04) 1248-1965

addy is 1673 barton hwy, hall nsw (just nth of Canberra)

Yep Rod built the cage that I had in the Jee-Q and I could not fault it. Very good cage at a very reasonable price. 8-)