PDA

View Full Version : gearchange q's

Azz
06-10-2006, 04:57 PM
hey all,

finaly took my baby out for a proper trip this weekend and she went heaps better than i could ever expect!!!! she ate up the sand dunes up at wedge

ive just got one question, sometimes when i engage and disengage the clutch when changing from 1st to 2nd it makes a clunking sound also when slotting into second gear it also makes a little noise.

is this normal or if it needs sorting out what needs doing, ive got 2 1/2 months of my compulsary 3 month warranty from my dealer left.

other than that im in love, im treating her to some new boots on monday in the form of 31 cooper STT's (see archer i could wait more than 2 weeks till i did some mods!!!! i managed to last 2 1/2!!!) ill post some pics of the tyres when there on

cheers, azz

jun180
06-10-2006, 06:30 PM
hey all,

finaly took my baby out for a proper trip this weekend and she went heaps better than i could ever expect!!!! she ate up the sand dunes up at wedge

ive just got one question, sometimes when i engage and disengage the clutch when changing from 1st to 2nd it makes a clunking sound also when slotting into second gear it also makes a little noise.

is this normal or if it needs sorting out what needs doing, ive got 2 1/2 months of my compulsary 3 month warranty from my dealer left.

other than that im in love, im treating her to some new boots on monday in the form of 31 cooper STT's (see archer i could wait more than 2 weeks till i did some mods!!!! i managed to last 2 1/2!!!) ill post some pics of the tyres when there on

cheers, azz

I dont believe any gearbox should be making unecessary clunking noises, especially when you are disengaging the clutch. the niose from the gearbox slotting into second gear does it should like a crunching type noise? this could indicate sycro's are going....