PDA

View Full Version : If it;s not nailed down

dstrachan
13-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Went to see a client this morning at Frenchs Forrest.
When I came back to the Jeep an hour or so later 2 wheel nuts from the front driver side were gone.
Don't know if they were after the nuts the tyre or the wheel but I'm sure glad I noticed before hitting the highway.

Barefoot
13-10-2006, 04:50 PM
Were they definately there when you got out? There was a post here a while back,someones wheel nuts had come loose and a couple had come off :shock:

AussieRCBasher
13-10-2006, 06:41 PM
I had a couple cases of this. Took it to get new tyres, about a week later the drivers wheel felt loose or sumthing and i stopped and there was 5mm of gap on 4 of the nuts with 1 trying to hold the rim on. i blame it for the stupid apprentice or "New guy" working at the shop. i was outside talking to my mate who owns the store and he got his apprentice to put the wheels on. Didnt obviously tourqe rench em to the right setting and they came loose.

another time i had the car parked in our front yard, along with my mums porsche, my sisters ford laser and new Mazda 3, my trailer with jeep wheels inside it! and a falcon, yet they took 4 nut off and found i have a key for the 5th and didnt bother with it. i started reversing out the driveway and sorta felt like i went over a rock, looked out the window and its a silver nut. my area aint bad but bloody knobs.. they should all get a life.

H.G.
13-10-2006, 06:44 PM
yer its best to check your nuts regularly.
After having new rim sand tyres put on
I noticed running the claws especially my nuts would loosen
which was kinda scarey considering I was on my way home after they were put on originally
then continually finding them loose.
also.. if your running steel rims I found mag nuts are not the best choice.
Fella's YOUR NUTS ARE IMPORTANT , check them regularly to prevent loss or inury

Glenn
13-10-2006, 06:47 PM
Happened to me too not long ago, wheel nuts front and rear missing, also had the stainless valve caps stolen. certainly don't think they fall off on their own lol

Breyten
13-10-2006, 08:56 PM
Fella's YOUR NUTS ARE IMPORTANT , check them regularly to prevent loss or inury
Amen.
Check em daily. Or more often if you like.

wendaloo
13-10-2006, 09:22 PM
It was pointed out to me on day that the XJ had loose nuts, but only on one wheel??

Checked the nuts regularily after that, and it hasn't happened again....

Jeeps
13-10-2006, 10:09 PM
i've lost 2 or so in the last few years.. just fell off... (possibly)

Blackpearl
14-10-2006, 08:06 AM
It was pointed out to me on day that the XJ had loose nuts, but only on one wheel??

Checked the nuts regularily after that, and it hasn't happened again....

loose nuts on one wheel?
sure its wasnt the steerin wheel??
:hammer:

Wolfe
14-10-2006, 08:20 AM
I had a front wheel almost come of because of that, its real scary when it starrts to shake

oh and yes I check my nuts at least three times a day