View Full Version : Wierd transmission issue

killa
13-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Has anyone else had this happen?

My gear lever is slowly turning anti-clockwise. When I purchased the Wrangler in Feb. the H pattern on top of the gear stick was correct. Now it's slowly turning and it's not just the knob on top.

danjeep
13-11-2006, 08:05 PM
Are you talking about the gear knob, if so yes mine seems to be turning by itself aswell

ARB87U
13-11-2006, 08:06 PM
haha yea it is ;)

The top of the knob with the H patern spins ontop of the knob itself. Put your palm over it, push down and turn it, you can line it back up, but it will move again :)

killa
13-11-2006, 08:19 PM
haha yea it is ;)

The top of the knob with the H patern spins ontop of the knob itself. Put your palm over it, push down and turn it, you can line it back up, but it will move again :)
Unfortunately not that simple. I can't physically move the knob itself or the H sticker, short of using vise grips of course ;).
This isn't a rapid thing, it's taken 9 months to turn from 12 o'clock to about the 8 o'clock position.

I'm just worried that there might be a time when the gear stick itself comes free of the 'box. :shock:

ARB87U
13-11-2006, 08:23 PM
mine did the same thing man, the only way i can move it is with my fat palm :)

try it, put your palm over it, push down really hard and twist it and repeat and repeat, bet you you can move it.

Jeff
13-11-2006, 08:33 PM
If you pop off the top of the gear knob, there is a nut there. Get out the socket set & give it some torque lovin'

killa
13-11-2006, 08:41 PM
Ok, got brutal with the thing, and I mean brutal, she wasn't going to move but the top does pop off when you are in fear of looking like a fool ;)
Just rotated the top around to where it should be and pressed it back in.

Jeeps
13-11-2006, 10:47 PM
I replaced mine with a chrome JEEP one :)

Manxie
14-11-2006, 12:00 AM
Haha I have that same issue. So is it some thing I should fix cos I have just left it.... its been like that for ages. :)