View Full Version : Body Lift Question

js
15-11-2006, 04:05 PM
g'day fellow TJ Jeepers just a few BL questions for ya. i've got a 97 TJ auto 33's, 2" Suspension lift and i'm looking at whacken a 2" body lift on it but before i do:
1) how hard/easy is it to do myself?
2) are there DIY instructions when you buy the kit?
3) what about brake lines, motor lift and that kind of stuff? extend???
4) correct me if im wrong, there's 11 points that need to be lifted?
5) three on the left side, three on right side two on the back and three on the front? now if that's all correct where the hell are the three on the front cause for the life of me i can't find them anywhere?

and that's it thanks heaps (in advanced) for the help
John

Wooders
15-11-2006, 04:12 PM
1) how hard/easy is it to do myself? Very doable if you have hand tools, a fllor jack and reading abilities ;)
2) are there DIY instructions when you buy the kit? Most kits include instructions if not give me a yell as I'm sure I have some laying about.
3) what about brake lines, motor lift and that kind of stuff? extend??? Any decent kit will have all those things included
4) correct me if im wrong, there's 11 points that need to be lifted? Correct
5) three on the left side, three on right side two on the back and three on the front? now if that's all correct where the hell are the three? 1 at the front, 3 between the front/rear wheels (either side), 1 near the rear shockie mount (either side) and 1 in each rear extreme corner = total 11 :)
HTH

js
15-11-2006, 04:22 PM
cheeeeeezzzzzz that was the quickest reply i've ever seen... thanks mate

arzzs
15-11-2006, 04:44 PM
BL are easy to install, just make sure you do one side at a time, there is one key spot that we got stuck on when i did it, above the coil towers in the rear are 2 of the bucks that are needed.

we didnt have instructions.

after spotting them, we were home laughing.

good luck

Chief
15-11-2006, 05:51 PM
Also some other things you may need to consider (correct me if i'm wrong because i've only ever done a bodylift on a 4runner)

extended brake lines, fuel filler missalignment, the gearstick shaft/transfer case lever having to be extended and maybe a radiator drop bracket?

these may be some of the problems you may encounter when you lift the body.. there's probably a couple more that i've forgot..

MR EXTREME JEEP
15-11-2006, 06:46 PM
The transfer case shift lever wont work...
Especially if you have a transfer case lowering kit in.
Easiest I found was a skyjacker relocation kit.

andy_n
15-11-2006, 07:08 PM
The transfer case lever will work if you have a decent kit that has a drop bracket. Just adjust the pinch bolt to the correct place underneath.

Brakelines should be fine.

The fuel tank filler will need an extension.

How does the T-Bar go with a body lift? There is a few tricks to get a 5 speed working.

And a 2 inch lift should include a radiator drop if you aren't doing an engine lift.

krankieone
15-11-2006, 07:24 PM
a 1 in kit took me about an hour or so with a little "help" from me father in law

Wooders
15-11-2006, 07:34 PM
A 2" is definately more work than a 1". But still pretty basic stuff.
Brakelines are not effected. If you have A/C you may need to trim a litle off the radiator mount too....