View Full Version : anyone messed up the zips on their softop?

jun180
30-11-2006, 10:22 AM
yesterday i had problems with the rear soft window zip, instead of one side of the zip being interlocked and the other side open, they were both open. (did u understand that?). like when you mess up a zip on your luggage or something.

anyway, i managed to fix it by pulling the silver stopper of on the end and forcing the zipper off over it, so that the whole rear window could be removed and the zipper moved back to the starting position. i think i did a tiny bit of damage though to the zipper run at the end :mad:

Does anyone have any tips/tricks for next time, or if there is a proper way to undo them if it happens to get stuck or caught or come undone?

Trent
30-11-2006, 04:49 PM
My soft top is in at a marine trimmers at the moment getting the rear window zip replaced, i was speaking to a few motor trimmers about how to keep the zips running nice and they said to (when washing it...that is if you do wash it) wack some hair conditioner onto the zip, run it through a few times then rinse it off..ment to work wonders

itchy
30-11-2006, 07:19 PM
try a dri-lube stick or silicone spray from total tools vic,hose or gerni all the crap out first

Jeeps
30-11-2006, 08:00 PM
Grab some pliers and clamp the zip/zipper together. Over time it seperates.