View Full Version : ARB Front Bar Install

Ando_13
30-11-2006, 07:02 PM
A mate just got a new ARB Front Bar installed. Ever since she picked it up from the shop the ABS light is constantly illuminated.

Anyone had this prob with the ARB front bar?

Coaster
01-12-2006, 03:12 AM
Not me..just had an ARB front bar installed yesterday and no problems that I can find with it. Sorry to hear about your mate's.
Coaster

oscar_the_grouch
01-12-2006, 07:33 AM
yep mee too installed a few months bck no probs

killa
01-12-2006, 08:25 AM
Check the electrical sender on top of the brake fluid resevoir, may have come off? Also might have lost some brake fluid and need a top up? Although these would have nothing to do with the bar, they may be reasons for the light to come on.

Ando_13
01-12-2006, 04:48 PM
Spoke to her today the guys at the shop who installed it, are telling her (and her mechanic fiance) that it happens on all installs and that there is a Fuse that they need to remove to correct it.

I'm a bit suspicious as the TJ doesn't use a crush sensor for actuation of the the Air bags or anything like that, so I don't know what electrics they would have touched to install the bar??

MattW
01-12-2006, 06:11 PM
It should have been a straight swap from what i remember. As you said the bar has nothing to do with airbags. Check behind the glovebox to see if any fuses are blown. I think the only electrics they have to touch are the indicators because the original bar had none but the bullbar does.

krankieone
01-12-2006, 07:41 PM
sounds like bullshot to me the bar installs with 6 bolts the and wireing for indicators

Ando_13
01-12-2006, 08:08 PM
Will be having a closer look at the car this weekend, the installer must have cut something they shouldn't have.

Where is the usual place to wire the blinkers into the loom for this bar?

krankieone
01-12-2006, 08:28 PM
mine are spliced in under the guard area

Ando_13
01-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Thanks mate.

coxy
05-12-2006, 08:26 PM
AIR BAG 101
correct, the tj uses a Accelarometer, located on the top of the tunnel under the dash, this should not have been touch and should only ever be touched by an experienced technician, dont even unbolt it to look at it or you will end up with a air bag in your face. it contains a capacitor to store energy to deploy the airbag in the event of a second intrusion after power has been cut due to a initial crash.

the indicators should be spliced into the guards. no fuses should be removed, check to see that your air bag fuses are still there (they may have removed them for the install and not re-installed them).

Spoke to her today the guys at the shop who installed it, are telling her (and her mechanic fiance) that it happens on all installs and that there is a Fuse that they need to remove to correct it.

I'm a bit suspicious as the TJ doesn't use a crush sensor for actuation of the the Air bags or anything like that, so I don't know what electrics they would have touched to install the bar??