View Full Version : tow hooks

js
17-12-2006, 11:59 AM
g'day jeepers just a quickie, i think i;m going blind. bought a couple of tow hooks the other day one for the front one for the back and for the life of me i can't find anywhere to mount the damn things. bit of help please?????
cheers

ARB87U
17-12-2006, 12:06 PM
on the front you will see a 'tie-down' which is held on my two t55 torx head bolts. Take the bolts out and take them to a bolt shop cause you will need longer ones, you should be able to see where the other/old bolts screwed into the chassis, measure the end of the bolt to where the last thread was screwed into the chassis. From that you should be able to work out the rough size of the new bolts and make sure they are grade 8 high tensile. If you have those rubber square things on your bar turn the tie-down around and put the hook onto of that and it will let the hook clear the rubber square.

As for the back one, well that is another matter, you can attach it to where you see the factory tie down but it will rob you of ground clearance, mine are on the side of the chassis rail on an angle, can take pics if you like.

Jeeps
17-12-2006, 12:17 PM
If you have a towbar you won't be able to mount the rear hook as the the towbar uses the factory rear recovery point.

mattc
17-12-2006, 08:21 PM
Search more and you will see some people (like me) drill the tow bar mounts and put the hook there.