View Full Version : Wrangler Vs Wrangler Sport

Dr_Mutley
19-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Hi Guys,
First thread here... so go easy on me!
Did a bit of a search and the answers werent quite apparent so i thought i would break the posting ice so to speak...

i am about to become a jeep wrangler owner... just looking for one in decent nick and cheap enough for me to afford....

My main question is: I see Wrangler Renegades, and Wrangler sports advertised... what are the main differences between the renegade and sport models?

Also, is it difficult to put a hard top on a soft top jeep and vice versa... wouldnt mind the versatility of both if the budget stretches that far in the future...

Any info would be appreciated..
thanks guys.. great forum u have here on first glances :)
Muttsa

Tasar
19-12-2006, 05:43 PM
renegade has a few nice to haves

better wheels (usually mags)
Hardtop usually standard
better radio or sub woofer
compass and better review mirror (05 onwards)
better interior

no drive or uncarriage differences at all

scatoojeep
19-12-2006, 06:06 PM
Don't forget the Renegade stickers on the side!! :-o

Archer
19-12-2006, 06:17 PM
yeah the wheels are alloy on renegades not steel ones. Mines also got a leather wrapped steering wheel. not sure if the sports have cruise control on the steering wheel, but the renegades do.
thats about it. all cosmetic stuff, but nice to have.
some renegades were sold with both hard and soft tops, so if you could snag one of these you'd be set
and a auto dimming rearview mirror (and map lights) on rens too.

Archer
19-12-2006, 06:19 PM
have a look here. its got pichers an' all

http://www.jeep.com.au/Projects/c2c/channel/files/123797_WranglerSpecs.pdf

MR EXTREME JEEP
19-12-2006, 06:26 PM
All differences are cosmetic.
You want an Extreme Sport.
They look the best.:smile:

Dr_Mutley
19-12-2006, 06:42 PM
thanks for the replies guys....

i must admit im a fan of the renegades... will try and source one...

2 months ago all i wanted was a soft top box to cart my dogs around in and thrash.. until i went to an auction and played with a renegade.. and now my budget has suddenly been blown to the shites :)

cant wait however ;)

MR EXTREME JEEP
19-12-2006, 07:03 PM
Your budget will go to the shizenhouzen when you buy it and start modding.
Good luck.

Tasar
19-12-2006, 07:52 PM
Your budget will go to the shizenhouzen when you buy it and start modding.
Good luck.

M8 wtf is Shizenhouzen - is that a funny way that greeks say rude things......

PS agree with the Extreme jeep factor - mods vacuum of bank

jun180
19-12-2006, 08:00 PM
M8 wtf is Shizenhouzen - is that a funny way that greeks say rude things......

PS agree with the Extreme jeep factor - mods vacuum of bank

it is deutch (german) for shit house :)

I havent even started modding mine yet but its costing me a fortune :hammer: . love every minute of it though :)

Jeeps
19-12-2006, 09:56 PM
AH HA! I shall prove to you all that there are infact more than cosmetic differences between the Renegades and Sports!

Sports and Renegades both have the same front coils but Sports (like mine) have "129AB" rear coils while Renegades have "128AB" rear coils.

The difference? The 128AB's found on renegades and TJ's with factory hardtops are actually a little bit taller (they give 20mm more clearance) and have AN EXTRA COIL in them to handle the extra weight over the rear axle that the hardtop creates - the extra coil improving the ride quality.

If you don't believe me i can take some pics tomorrow as i have several factory sets of coils in the shed :)

Laz
19-12-2006, 10:12 PM
As usuall Jeeps you have a flair for dramatically representing triviality!

God bless your "No! sod off, my Jeep is Stock as a rock socks" ;)

wonder how many of us have stock coils anymore? would wager they would be in the minority....

H.G.
19-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Ive still got mine in the shed laz.. you wanna buy them???
along with the front bar and splash guards stock tyres shocks and slip yoke thingo

Jeeps
19-12-2006, 10:22 PM
Although i have unfortunatly gone the modification route and put a 2" lift on my "Super Stocker" i still claim the Super Stocker name to help defend all those poor jeeps which are abused by their big brother Tonka TJ's. GOD BLESS THE STOCKERS!

Wooders
20-12-2006, 05:49 AM
Yeah me too Sam ;)

Jeeps
20-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Just as i thought ;)

Maxy
20-12-2006, 04:44 PM
Dont forget the cruise control and the sub-woofer in the Renegade

OsirisRa
20-12-2006, 11:51 PM
[QUOTE=jun180]it is deutch (german) for shit house :)

Verstehen Sie Deutsch?

would'nt shit house be more like 'Scheiße Haus' ?

I don't think Shizenhouzen is an actuall word, just made up slang. Could be wrong tho have only just started to learn german.

I had the '05 Renegade and now got the 65th Wrangler and the 'extras' like cruise control and the dual tops are sure nice to have.

MR EXTREME JEEP
21-12-2006, 03:20 AM
Shizenhouzen = Sh*t house or commonly reffered to as "out house"
its an Austalianism. Rex hunt uses this word when someone stuffs up and the situation is "up the creek". If a ref stuffs up a decision it "Shizenhouzen".
Back on subject...
The grey couloured gaurds and grey interior accents make the Extreme pack look pretty cool i reckon but would have loved the dual top and Gps though...