PDA

View Full Version : whats the deal with???

josh thompson
29-12-2006, 11:13 AM
removable swaybar or should i say detachable is this only needed on big lift kits or is it used in standard form and what does it really do in laymans terms???

killa
29-12-2006, 11:37 AM
Leave the back on, only disconnect the front when offroad. Helps with articulation and slow driving comfort when 'off'.
When 'on' it keeps you stable on the highway and high speed stuff, I wouldn't want to be a passenger if you forget to re-connect before driving home after a day wheelin' :hammer: .

josh thompson
29-12-2006, 11:41 AM
is there a easy way to disconect??? sounds good does it put any xtra strain on the drivetrain?????

killa
29-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Easiest is buying the right sized Torx bit and unbolting, but there are several kits on the market.
Try the search feature: Search (http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/search.php?) for more info ;)

Bundybear
02-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Does the Rear Sway bar restrict wheel travel whilst still on car? I have 2" OME lift and 31`s with stock sway bars/ front is a detachable/ rear is off at the moment (woops!)
Perhaps I should put it back on?

The only time it REALLY bothers me is the THREE WHEEL CORNERING! but I like scaring passengers oh and other cars hehehe.

So, rear sway bar or no rear sway bar?

XJJEEP96
02-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Where would i find good disconects for an xj by good i mean easy to get off and on in da mud? THANX to anyone that helps

Wooders
02-01-2007, 05:14 PM
The Tj works better with the rear sway bar connected IMHO....but the links need to be the right length.
Front - a Currie or similar is optimal, for general disconnects the JKS is hard to beat.

Bundybear
02-01-2007, 05:25 PM
Do the rear links need to be longer on my 2" ome lift?

silver_jk
02-01-2007, 05:43 PM
The Tj works better with the rear sway bar connected IMHO....but the links need to be the right length.
Front - a Currie or similar is optimal, for general disconnects the JKS is hard to beat.

i can recomend the jks discos top notch :)