PDA

View Full Version : TJ Exhaust

Crazy Dave
08-01-2007, 10:18 AM
G'day

Need some help & advise regarding an aftermarket TJ exhaust system.

My muffler just after the cat needs replacing, and I thought while I'm at it I might as well add a nice and grunty cat back system. (can't afford extractors)

I was thinking a 2.5" cat back with a straight thru muffler, I don't want it popping all the time but the odd one here and there doesn't bother me.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Has anybody else done this? What did you get and how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking. Happy with the results?

Cheers

Wess

Nigel
08-01-2007, 10:49 AM
I fitted a 3" high flow cat with a 2 1/2" system behind that, sounds nice and rorty gives a bit more pep over 2,700rpm

Green Caboose
08-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Nigel - Are cat's very expensive - High flow or not.

Crazy Dave
09-01-2007, 11:12 AM
I fitted a 3" high flow cat with a 2 1/2" system behind that, sounds nice and rorty gives a bit more pep over 2,700rpm

So you had no muffler :?:

Wallace
10-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Must have had a muffler... would be way too loud without it (i think). The muffler is before the catalytic converter.

I had a "higher" flow cat and 2 1/2" cat back fitted by Car Mufflers a while back (wont ever go back there... they dont care, just bang it together and get it out the door) and that cost me $220 all up.

Cheers
Will

Nigel
11-01-2007, 06:42 AM
Muffler is after cat, smaller offset flow glass-pack rorty without being extremely loud. Greeen Caboose Muffler/cat and all cost me $800.00 fitted. Next step will be extractors (wanted to be loud and antisocial first)

Wallace
11-01-2007, 07:26 AM
my muffler is in before my cat... i think. Cant remember.

With extractors and a full 2 1/2" system... your jeep will be loud... they actually give off quite a nice beat, and they sound nice through all the rev ranges (IMO).

edit:

I stand corrected... my muffler is after my cat.