View Full Version : What to mod next!

Mooreyfiveo
13-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Who ever told me I would want more (may have been Mr Extreme) was right.

After 2inch OME and 31s I just want a bit more and was thinking of a body lift, how much is involved in this both in parts and dollars. I don't want to go too high (if that's not a dirty word here) cos I dont want too big a gap between bars and body. I was thinking 1inch or more but less than 2.

What else is effected by BL, do I need SYE or anything else?

I am planning SYE and discos, can I do BL first? Should they be done together?

Finally what to get and of course HOW MUCH?

Thanks in advance,

Moorey :)

zzzz
13-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Just go for a JKS 1.25" body lift.
Best of both worlds there really.
Nothing else is required when doing a BL and a good kit comes with great instructions and all of the parts you might need.

See here: http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=B1BODY&Store_Code=JKS01&Category_Code=Body_Motor

ARB87U
13-01-2007, 06:47 PM
i am installing a body lift tomorrow..... let you know how it goes ;)

Wooders
13-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Remember the fan shroud Warren ;)

ARB87U
13-01-2007, 07:24 PM
haha you could imagine that call tomorrow couldn't you ;)

hey does anyone have links to some good pictures of where all the mounts are?

krankieone
13-01-2007, 07:55 PM
very easy The hardest part was removing and installing the fan shroud

Mooreyfiveo
14-01-2007, 04:07 PM
If I get a SYE down the track smoewhere will that eliminate the need for the T/Case Shift Linkage plate? And the T/case spacers from the OME lift?

ARB87U
15-01-2007, 10:28 AM
well my 1" BL is in. Took about 4 - 5 hours, but this was because the holes of the three body mounts around the trannie/transfer on either side were to small for the new mounts provided in the kit, the dremel got a good workout and now they fit :)

The fan shroud looks to be an ass to relocate, i am giving serious consideration to a 1" MML so i don't have to hack it up. At the moment it is secured by the original bolt on the pas side at the top and pushed down on the drivers side with a self tapper holding it clear of the fan till i work out what i am doing.

I also installed the transfer case rod relocation bracket and now i can only get 4H, ran out of time yesterday to work this out, will have a crack tonight.

ARB87U
15-01-2007, 10:28 AM
oh and after doing a 1" BL install i wouldn't go any higher :)