View Full Version : anybody have their old tie down point? recovery points...

jun180
12-02-2007, 10:45 AM
hey guys want to know if anyone in Brisbane has their tie down point off the front bar they dont need anymore. I need it to use as a second spacer for a 2nd towhook on the front bumper so I can clear the rubber bumperette thing. has anyone removed this rubber (like in the 2nd pic) so I can mount the towhooks flush with the front bumper. how it is in that 2nd pic would be perfect for me.

also with regards to the back recover point, I was suggested using the original tie down point and replacing it with the recovery hook an grade 8 bolts. but as in the picture some people drill a hole into their chassis and mount it on the passenger side. which one do people use and which would be better? I think the rear tie down point will scrape on those big departure angles.

ARB87U
12-02-2007, 11:02 AM
you need to take the front bumper off, once off you will see those rubber squares are held on by two nuts each, just undo them, pull them off and put your bar back on....

stu
12-02-2007, 11:09 AM
I've mounted the hooks that you have in the same holes but leaving the two rubber bits there.......they squash out of the way once you tighten the bolts......this also means that i do not have the chance of smacking my thighs on the two hooks.

jun180
12-02-2007, 11:16 AM
you need to take the front bumper off, once off you will see those rubber squares are held on by two nuts each, just undo them, pull them off and put your bar back on....

is this just a case of removing the side plasic moulds, undoing the 2 big t55 torx under and near the 2 rubber things and then sliding the front bumper off the chassis rails? is it heavy an hard or piece of piss to do? coz if its easy then it will make it much easier to mount the towhooks and get rid of the rubber bits.

Tropey
12-02-2007, 11:21 AM
there are actually 3 bolts on each side. 1 at the bottom and 2 at the top of each side.

jun180
12-02-2007, 11:33 AM
there are actually 3 bolts on each side. 1 at the bottom and 2 at the top of each side.

ah yes of course...where the recovery point is going to be?

ARB87U
12-02-2007, 11:48 AM
yea, the two bolts that hold the hook in also serve as the top support for the bar. So those two bolts and the one T55 under the bar on each side and the entire bar will come off, it is light and very easy to handle (not solid steel).

jun180
12-02-2007, 11:59 AM
yea, the two bolts that hold the hook in also serve as the top support for the bar. So those two bolts and the one T55 under the bar on each side and the entire bar will come off, it is light and very easy to handle (not solid steel).

awesome ill give it a go later and remove the rubbers and mount the recovery points! thanks for the info guys, ill post some pics up maybe do abit of a write up.