PDA

View Full Version : Dana 44 or Dana 35?

blixxa
28-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Hi There,

I recently broke a unijoint in my 06 TJ bought from Perth.
I have been trying to get a yoke (rear diff side) as the old one has a broken bolt in it.

I ordered one from quadratec http://www.quadratec.com/products/52425_05.htm

After talking to the guy for 2 hours on the phone making sure it was the right one as well as sending multiple photos of it. I also send him photos of my rear diff and we both concluded it was a Dana 44. Anyways that one arrived last friday. I called them up on friday and spent another 2 hours explaining why it wouldnt fit and finally he said hes definately sending one that will fit this time. At the end of the call he said to me that I have a Dana 35 not a Dana 44.

I went to jeep and they said I have a Dana 44!

Well the yoke is ment to arrive sometime today, but I am sure its the wrong one!

Two questions:

Where can I get a yoke fast.

Do I have a DANA 44 or DANA 35

Thanks

blixxa
28-11-2008, 01:21 PM
This is the yoke they are sending me btw.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/52425_03.htm

which definately seems wrong...

He didnt really give me a chance to argue.

azasjeep
28-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Its a 44, Cut your losses call wooders and get the right part the first time.

Fat Chili
28-11-2008, 01:58 PM
As Azza mentioned above, all Australian TJ's have 44's.

35's are standard in the US on TJ's except on the Rubicon's that we never received, the 44 was an optional upgrade for stock US TJ's.

In South America all TJ's came out with 44's fron and rear, why couldn't we have them too :cry:

blixxa
28-11-2008, 05:41 PM
okay thanks guys. I dont undestand though. If its a 44, why wouldnt the yoke he sent me fit. Do wooders or any other place sell them on saturdays?

Im desperate to get out there and Ive been sitting here in a front wheel drive jeep for a month!

Wooders
28-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Sure - but the dispatch won't happen till monday ;)

Maz
29-11-2008, 09:27 AM

no true. Wooders sent me the wrong uni the other day.:confused:

Wooders
29-11-2008, 03:57 PM
no true. Wooders sent me the wrong uni the other day.:confused:
First I've heard of it - PM me what was the problem?

RYANGLER
29-11-2008, 10:02 PM
I got one through wooders and a u-bolt conversion for the yoke to stop breaking the straps coz there shit.. wooders is a champ, he can express post the two in a sachel and you will have it by wednesday.

flexytj
30-11-2008, 04:18 PM

or if all else fails jrj33p works at repco incase you all didnt know already

lovemewrangler
30-11-2008, 04:26 PM
I got one through wooders and a u-bolt conversion for the yoke to stop breaking the straps coz there shit.. wooders is a champ, he can express post the two in a sachel and you will have it by wednesday.

id have to say the straps are stronger in my experience...

like all the other say just ring wooders next time...he normally has yokes and uni's in stock, I live in Darwin and the longest any parts have taken to arrive from there is 2 business days... good service too..

blixxa
02-12-2008, 09:38 PM
Hi guys,

sorry I havent replyed in ages.

I was in mandurah because i was fed up of waiting

anyways the part came in wrong

I called wooders straight away, David was a very good bloke and said hed give me credit for the one that doesnt fit. He doesnt have the yoke atm so Ill have to wait till tuesday which isnt great.

Anyways Im going to have to scold quadratec again tonight!

This is absolutely pethetic

Thanks for the reccomendation of wooders though

Im definately going to get everything I need from australia now.

n3rdism
22-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Don't forget to check 4wd USA in Bayswater as well.

jeep2008
24-12-2008, 08:09 PM
a photo of your rear diff would have made it quite easy for the forum guys to identify it....

Hollywood
24-12-2008, 11:22 PM
I cant agree more about Wooders, he always has time to answer annoying questions no matter what time or day it is, and the parts are always at my door the next day after i order them.

Again Wooder, thanks for all your help mate,
Hollywood