PDA

View Full Version : tj roof racks........

deanfoldi
10-05-2010, 05:47 PM
Anybody know of a place to get the roof racks that mount from the windscreen to the rear lights and a a reasonable price ?
or even where i can get plans to build them ?
Cheers .

Dean.

JoeJeep
10-05-2010, 06:24 PM
All the ones I've seen here in Aus are well overpriced. I got mine from the states (Quadratec) for less than half the price over here. Also wild boar do the same sort of thing but doesn't look as robust in my opinion.

JoeJeep
10-05-2010, 06:37 PM
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94309

There's a couple pics of mine also links to other brands.
Hope this helps

Joe

deanfoldi
10-05-2010, 07:02 PM
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94309

There's a couple pics of mine also links to other brands.
Hope this helps

Joe

Hey thanks joe thats the one i was looking it ! what was shipping prices like though ? thats the one thing im concerned about . and can it be used on the hard top ?

JoeJeep
11-05-2010, 12:27 PM
The one I've got which is in the pics in that thread can be used with either hard or soft top, and to fold down/remove top you just undo the front two bolts and tilt it back and support with poles provided. I believe the wild boar one is a similar setup but from memory was more expensive and thinner tubes.
The one I got was about $600-$650 landed, real easy to install, minimal drilling required behind the tail lights and its a strong unit(done plenty of corrugation with a fair bit of weight up top)

deanfoldi
11-05-2010, 05:55 PM
The one I've got which is in the pics in that thread can be used with either hard or soft top, and to fold down/remove top you just undo the front two bolts and tilt it back and support with poles provided. I believe the wild boar one is a similar setup but from memory was more expensive and thinner tubes.
The one I got was about $600-$650 landed, real easy to install, minimal drilling required behind the tail lights and its a strong unit(done plenty of corrugation with a fair bit of weight up top)

Ah ok yeah sorry i realised u had the hard top on after i sent that .
was the dollar as good as it is atm ? because id like to get the matching basket with it to .

JoeJeep
11-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Dollar was about the same when I bought mine maybe a little less.
Be careful with the baskets as I've heard they can be flimsy and rattle, someone on AJOR(can't remember who it was) bought the whole package bars and basket and ended up ditching the basket and buying a stronger one locally. I'm thinking the freight on a basket would be big bucks anyway.
Just email Quadratec with your address and the product number and they'll tell you how much for freight.
Just had a look at my old emails, just the bars cost me $258.99(US) in freight to Perth.

Cheers
Joe