PDA

View Full Version : Yellow TJ on Carsales HOAX!

Vman
28-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Yellow TJ in ACT (http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=8765125&__Qpb=true&Cr=5&__Ns=pCar_PriceSort_Decimal%7c0%7c%7cpCar_RankSort _Int32%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cpCar_Mod el_String%7c0&keywords=&__N=1216%201247%201282%204294965086%204294965085%2 0410&silo=1011&PriceTo=410&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=89&__sid=128E035E3120)

Keep an eye out for this scam!!!!!
Here is my email correspondence:

Hi,and accept the apologies for the late reply, been very busy with my job last days,
First I want to set the deal details using e-mail, and if we will have an arrangement, I will give you a phone call.
I think I covered everything in my ad, but again this is a Yellow Jeep Wrangler Sport (4x4) from 2000, with 92,000 km, 4.0l engine and automatic transmission. This Wrangler is very clean inside and out, in excellent condition, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions. I sell it at this price (8,500$) because i want a fast sale,i just finished the divorce with my husband and i want to start a new life.
The car is in perfect condition,with no scratches on it,no damage. It has all the papers and documents and you won't have any problems registering it in your name.
The final price that I want for this car is 8500$ including shipping and handling costs.
If you are interested in buying it please provide me your info full name and address so I can initiate the deal.
I will wait your answer(if you are interested to buy) very soon.
I will also supply some more pictures as soon as i get home from work.
Thanks
Jessica
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Jessica,

I am interested, but I am a bit confused?? You will ship the vehicle at that cost? Secondly why do you need my address? I need yours to come and see the Jeep and to pickup!

Cheers
Vic
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Vic,
I have attached some more photos in this e-mail in order for you to have a better view of the vehicle.
The price i want for this Yellow Jeep is $8,500 all tax included, ...The vehicle is in pristine condition.
I have already left the vehicle, at AutoTrans shipping company ready for delivery.. I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through them. I'm real busy with the divorce and also with my job and I'm left out of town so I can't meet in person with you so this is the reason why I chose to sell my Wrangler over the Internet. According with the eBay you have 5 days from the time you receive the vehicle to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
I need your info full name and shipping address, I will initiate the transaction through eBay and they will contact you with all necessary information about this transaction (terms,buyer protection,payment instructions,invoice,etc.)
Please email me back because I need to know for sure if this is a done deal!
Hoping to hear from you soon .Jessica

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jessica, are you saying I need to pay and I cant view the car? I dont needed it shipped I will pickup!

Vic
------------------------------------------------------------------------
To:
Subject: RE: Yellow Jeep
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 18:12:42 +1000

Hi, the total cost will be Aud $ 8,500 ( transport included )and in 4 days the vehicle will be delivered .
Allow me to explain the payment terms and I am asking you to confirm your agreement:
The payment process will be very simple. It will all be handled by eBay,as I have lost my interest in the banking system. So mainly you have know that the money will be sent to an eBay agent that will handle our case. The transfer will be verified by the eBay agent and as soon as it confirms they will instruct me to send the car over.
After you receive the car, you will have 5 days for inspection. After this trial period, let the eBay agent knows what your final decision is. I will sign the transfer papers from here and there after your 5 days of inspection period if you are satisfied with the vehicle , your local shippers representatives will make the purchase papers . If you keep the car, ONLY then they will release the money to me and the deal will be closed. If you decide from whatever reason that the car is not what I advertised, it will be taken back and your money will be refunded 100% by the eBay agent.
That is it! Simple and safe.
If you accept the terms above, email me so I can start the paperwork.
Like mentioned in my previous email, the car is ready to be shipped.It waits for the destination. I need your details to move forward with this deal, Full name and delivery address.

I will be ready to declare you the buyer.
Looking forward to doing business!
Jessica

MR EXTREME JEEP
28-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Shell be right. :lmao:

Vman
28-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Shell be right. :lmao:

Yes She will :lol: .................... it looked like a good TJ to strip into a comp rig....not a fan of yellow:p

Gildo
28-05-2010, 07:30 PM
QLD rego, for sale in ACT?
Can you do a rego check in QLD to verify the ownership?

itchy
28-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Crunch her on price V-Rod and see if she bites? Doesnt sound Ozzy to me, maybe shes one of JimmyBs mates from Africa tryin it on?

deanfoldi
28-05-2010, 08:32 PM
Hey guys id say its a scam sounds very very similar to one i was looking at on ebay !!! same sort of thing but it was a guy to busy with work ! do not even think of giving them money or details . i contacted ebay and they ended up stopping the listing as it was a scam and the guy had ripped or 2 ppl in that week !

Dean.

TassieTJ
28-05-2010, 08:46 PM
na you guy's got it wrong she is looking for a new man !!

your reply should be, Hi Jessica, I am also in the ACT and also going through a divorce as well, how strange we both could meet like this, I have had to sell my car too, I am currently looking for another car, new wife, house keeper, bedroom partner and seeing your add really caught my eye, thought I could kill 2 birds with the one stone, so to speak, new car and new wife, somewhere to live, let me know if you are interested

Vman
28-05-2010, 11:45 PM
na you guy's got it wrong she is looking for a new man !!

your reply should be, Hi Jessica, I am also in the ACT and also going through a divorce as well, how strange we both could meet like this, I have had to sell my car too, I am currently looking for another car, new wife, house keeper, bedroom partner and seeing your add really caught my eye, thought I could kill 2 birds with the one stone, so to speak, new car and new wife, somewhere to live, let me know if you are interested

Hahaha thats some good shit!!!! I will keep you posted on her next reply:lol: I might ask if she needs a father for her new baby!!

itchy
29-05-2010, 10:15 AM
She'll love you long time!

TassieTJ
29-05-2010, 10:50 AM
here it is on feebay
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220607141946&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

litestorm
03-06-2010, 11:16 PM
I`ll give you $9000 for it !

kitrino_tj
04-06-2010, 06:46 AM
whats wrong with yellow?

F1ERY
04-06-2010, 07:36 AM
Sooo dodgy, I think she is actually based in Nigeria..lol..

shaneo72
05-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Ok, so I'm currently in 'negotiation of deal' with 'Jessica', at the moment:

Lets see, so she's pregnant, going through a divorce, working long hours wrapping up a job, starting a new career, and is overseas... poor thing...

Oh yes! and although she's from 'Canberra' and was 'living in Canberra', and the jeep was registered and driven in Canberra, its not with 'Autotrans (Airfreight)' in Canberra but, of course in Melbourne... oh and Autotrans don't do airfreight, isn't that odd...

Also I've currently got the 'jeep' down to $5000... wow isn't that surprising...

Such an unlucky, but yet hard working and accommodating young lady!

I'll keep you informed.

Cheers

Shane

PS I'm going to keep the negotiation going so I can hand it to the AFP, and I'll also contact Carsales and Autotrans after the cops. I'll then post my corro, I think you'll find it entertaining.

PPS Thank god for this website, it allowed me to confirm my suspicions and no get ripped off $9000. God damn prix.

TassieTJ
05-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Ok, so I'm currently in 'negotiation of deal' with 'Jessica', at the moment:

Lets see, so she's pregnant, going through a divorce, working long hours wrapping up a job, starting a new career, and is overseas... poor thing...

Oh yes! and although she's from 'Canberra' and was 'living in Canberra', and the jeep was registered and driven in Canberra, its not with 'Autotrans (Airfreight)' in Canberra but, of course in Melbourne... oh and Autotrans don't do airfreight, isn't that odd...

Also I've currently got the 'jeep' down to $5000... wow isn't that surprising...

Such an unlucky, but yet hard working and accommodating young lady!

I'll keep you informed.

Cheers

Shane

PS I'm going to keep the negotiation going so I can hand it to the AFP, and I'll also contact Carsales and Autotrans after the cops. I'll then post my corro, I think you'll find it entertaining.

PPS Thank god for this website, it allowed me to confirm my suspicions and no get ripped off $9000. God damn prix.

Yeah so am I pal..I offered the full price, it's all BS

PK
06-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Exactly the same as a Jayco Outback that I looked at on tradingpost.com a few months ago.
Was about $7000 cheaper than market and again, divorce, now living in England, Jayco was in storage in Sydney. Aftr multiple requests for Rego and VIN numbers (which surprisingly weren't supplied) and my offer to pick up from Sydney, was told that all payments were to go thru Trading Post an refund if we wanted after inspection.
Rang Trading Post and was told it was a definite scam.
Surprisingly never heard from her again!!

ExtremeTJ
06-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Yes She will :lol: .................... it looked like a good TJ to strip into a comp rig....not a fan of yellow:p

Nothing wrong with yellow vic, hows the new rig comming along?

There are a heap of the scams going around ebay, boat point etc i think anyone who buys a vehicle under those terms needs there heads read.

Cheers