07-06-2010, 06:46 AM
Hi

Has anyone freighted a Hardtop.

If you have:

What did they sting you?

From where to where?

Did u have to package it?

Who did you use?

Thanks any decent freight company would be good, for a hassel free freight as i sold the top and now trying to help the bloke freight it.

Wooders
07-06-2010, 09:05 AM
Answers in order ;)
Yes.
Cost varies on location to location & dimensional size of the top. Not as ugly if it's going to a capital city, but downright frightening if it's somewhere classified as "country" - esp NT/WA/etc.
Have sent Syd to Melb & back. Have sent to bris and have sent a few other locations on the eastern seaboard.
Generally we try to package it ourselves. The more padding the better. Usually try to build a pallet to bolt it onto and then a BIG cardnoard box around that with lots of stuffing.
Contact Daniel at Freight Management, they'll be able to help.

Jected
13-06-2010, 07:10 PM
Hi

Has anyone freighted a Hardtop.

If you have:

What did they sting you?

From where to where?

Did u have to package it?

Who did you use?

Thanks any decent freight company would be good, for a hassel free freight as i sold the top and now trying to help the bloke freight it.

The problem with cost is that they cube out at over 2m3 and most of it is dead space.

What we could arrange if others had freight dispatching from the same area and going to the same state is to load goods inside the hardtop and do a consolidated rate.

It may take an extra couple of days for it to travel but the cost savings for all could be huge. Let me know if we can be of assistance (and sorry for the late reply).