View Full Version : Fibreglass Door Uppers

Jeeps
18-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Has anyone bought a set of these?

Bulldawg Fibreglass Door uppers (http://www.bulldawgdoors.com/jeepdoors.htm)

http://www.bulldawgdoors.com/images05/tandoorout-640.jpg

http://www.bulldawgdoors.com/images05/finishedinstall01-640.jpg

http://www.bulldawgdoors.com/images05/tandoorin-640.jpg

They use custom hardware to 'bolt' onto the halfdoors (no drilling though). $700/pair USD.

cheers

blueystar
18-06-2010, 07:30 PM
they say what postage would be to aust

MR EXTREME JEEP
18-06-2010, 11:00 PM
That sliding window is useless. It's smaller than mine and mine is useless. The good
bestop ones have dual sliding windows but are expensive.

flexytj
18-06-2010, 11:11 PM
probaby not too much more to just buy a set of hard doors if you look around

Jeeps
20-06-2010, 03:13 PM
That sliding window is useless. It's smaller than mine and mine is useless. The good
bestop ones have dual sliding windows but are expensive.

I don't got through the macca's drivethru enough for that to be of concern for me ;) but i know what you're saying. It's a small gap.

probaby not too much more to just buy a set of hard doors if you look around

That's my thought too, but i doubt that a clean & tidy pair of hard doors could be had for about $1k.

cheers

flexytj
20-06-2010, 03:16 PM
a rough set of full doors is better than a new set of slider windows

tigermuzza
20-06-2010, 05:23 PM
howd ya go with the shipping quote mate, i couldnt find an email address on there

Wooders
20-06-2010, 08:42 PM
a rough set of full doors is better than a new set of slider windows
Disagree.
My TJ has half doors & bestop (soft) sliders.
Wife's TJ has full doors.
I would pick the halfdoor & slider combo 99.5% of the time.

flexytj
20-06-2010, 09:03 PM
if i am correct a slider doesnt open up all the way ?

MR EXTREME JEEP
20-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Disagree.
My TJ has half doors & bestop (soft) sliders.
Wife's TJ has full doors.
I would pick the halfdoor & slider combo 99.5% of the time.

If i'm not mistaken Wooders its the extra room the 1/2 door yields that you are appreciating more than the full door. Being a largish fellow like myself. :wink:

if i am correct a slider doesnt open up all the way ?

Yeah thats right. But the bestop ones have both panels that can slide.

Wooders
20-06-2010, 10:15 PM
If i'm not mistaken Wooders its the extra room the 1/2 door yields that you are appreciating more than the full door. Being a largish fellow like myself. :wink:.

Correct. Whilst the sliders don't fully open they still give the usual half door elbow rest and heaps more room than the full doors.
Plus they can still be ripped out entirely like the stock soft uppers - which is FAR superior to the cramped possie with the full doors.

I vividly remember my first encounter and instant love with the TJ (14 years ago now) - and it was mostly the half doors....anything else is cheating yourself of the TJ experience....

flexytj
20-06-2010, 10:20 PM
i would have full doors over half doors any day and sliders would be worse than a zip up window i like to be able to wind the window all the way down

Jeeps
21-06-2010, 10:59 PM
I vividly remember my first encounter and instant love with the TJ (14 years ago now) - and it was mostly the half doors....anything else is cheating yourself of the TJ experience....

I totally agree, half doors are what make a TJ, full doors = camry :lol:

However these fibreglass upper have a raised armrest so you'd lose the 'half door' armrest and gain another slightly higher. See the pics above.

howd ya go with the shipping quote mate, i couldnt find an email address on there

I received an email from Mike from the company and he said that "generally it's about $250 for shipping to australia". So that would make it 'about' $950 for a pair of fibreglass uppers. They don't just slide in and out, you need tools to take them off, but i kinda like that idea for when i've got the hardtop on and in 'i need to lock up my TJ' mode ;) For camping/4wd/good weather trips i usually take the hardtop off and put the viking or bikini top on anyway.

Wooders i know you probably wouldn't be able to get them here for that cheap a price and still keep $'s to pay your bills/costs, but do have any input or other options for hard fibreglass uppers?

cheers

Aaronsjeep
21-06-2010, 11:47 PM
like the idea you could colour code the surround. (would basically look like a full door)

would be a pain in the arse if you needed tools to take them off.. looses the freedom of the chop and change tj