PDA

View Full Version : Sensitive Throttle

Tonka Jeep
22-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Hi all,

My Jeep 2005 TJ as a very sensitve throttle (read the drive.com review of my model and they list it as their major gripe)..

This link http://www.tmar.net/throttle_spring.htm talks about the missing throttle spring on the 2005 and 2006 models.

Now this looks like a nice easy fix, but what I want to know is if this fix will have any interference with the Factory Cruise Control?

(Was thinking maybe it doesnt have the spring because of the cruise control?)

I hope I am wrong, as I want to carry out this quick fix...

Any ideas?

Cheers

bigredtj
22-06-2010, 04:52 PM
You get used to it really quick dont worry about it

Moses
22-06-2010, 04:56 PM
that is very true, i thought my throttle was stuffed when i got it, within a week i forgot all about it

deanfoldi
22-06-2010, 04:59 PM
i hated how sensitive it was !!!! i got an 06 with the same problem. i didnt realise there was no spring just thought it was a bit soft i kept saying to my self to get a new spring.......... but after reading this i ran down to the hard ware and got a new spring way over kill lol it feels like a super heavey duty clutch on an old v8 now !!!! but i love it heaps better then b4 . but will go look for a spring a lil bit softer on the weekend .

Dean.

jspark
22-06-2010, 05:03 PM
I have a 2000 and its the same... so do u think a better spring will stop the jerkiness?

deanfoldi
22-06-2010, 05:07 PM
I have a 2000 and its the same... so do u think a better spring will stop the jerkiness?

i just changed mine and it does not jerk at all any more...... but mine is a bit to solid under the foot now . just go get some springs and try it out a few diff sizes .

jspark
22-06-2010, 05:11 PM
i just changed mine and it does not jerk at all any more...... but mine is a bit to solid under the foot now . just go get some springs and try it out a few diff sizes .

Thats sooo good. It was really giving me the shits lol. thanks

jspark
22-06-2010, 05:13 PM

Thats sooo good. It was really giving me the shits lol. thanks
This was today you can hear the jeep jerking alot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRnWKrVuKZk

killa
22-06-2010, 05:16 PM
You already have an extra return spring fitted at the throttle body end ;)

bally12
22-06-2010, 08:59 PM
its normal mate, you get used to it, the gf hates it when she jumps in and roo hops off at the lights, i just piss my self laughing then remember its my jeep:(

Jeddo
23-06-2010, 12:56 PM
2 Springs is win. only when offroad tho. just get used to it onroad. some say its bad for your tbs to keep them on.

JoeJeep
24-06-2010, 02:19 PM
i just got used to mine, still get a bit jerky off road every now and then though

[NVIOUS]
25-06-2010, 12:42 AM
Never really bothered me on the road, but gives me the shits offroad, trying to crawl up rock trails etc, the jerking makes you spin wheels every now n then. Might have to try this spring trick, never thought of that.

bonza
26-06-2010, 05:56 PM
good tip Tonka

did mine today, had an assortment of extension springs so fitted one on. bit of trial and error to get the right feel so will see how it goes

jeddo, where did you here it is bad for your tps?

cherrykee
19-07-2010, 09:02 AM
Dean, did you simply swap springs? or did you have to drill holes and install a spring? or is it more a case that there is the appropriate fitment for a spring but there isnt one there? and the vid clip of the bouncing and jerking offroad is EXACTLY what shit me the most....cheers

AussieCJ7
19-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Off road is a simple fix push your boot against the pannel on the side provides a bit of resistance to the bumps

deanfoldi
19-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Dean, did you simply swap springs? or did you have to drill holes and install a spring? or is it more a case that there is the appropriate fitment for a spring but there isnt one there? and the vid clip of the bouncing and jerking offroad is EXACTLY what shit me the most....cheers

Mate i just used what ever holes were there i didnt drill anything at all . i have not had any problems since doing this so i guess it cant be to bad .