PDA

View Full Version : Setting up air system in car

CRUSHU
01-07-2010, 12:54 PM
After a bit of advice, I'm setting up on board air on my tj, and I need it to run my air lockers, and air suspension, and pump up tyres.
I will be fitting an airtank, about 5 gallons.
Pump will be a Viair most likely, 380 - 480, depending on space available.

I want to fit air connections front & rear, for tyre inflation etc.

My main question is, how do I regulate it to 100psi for the lockers, but let it go higher for the airbags (150psi I think)?
Any other tips & suggestions?

bruggz351
01-07-2010, 01:54 PM
It would be just a matter of running a regulated supply to the lockers. Air bags and quick connects for tyres on one side of a "T", and regulated 100psi for the lockers on the other side. I think:confused:

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong..

cheers

CRUSHU
01-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Ok, so I'd be looking for an online reg, rather than a cut off switch? So I would get a 150 or so psi cut out switch?

Macca2801
01-07-2010, 02:38 PM
You regulate your tank to the higher pressure of inflation and then you fit a pressure reducing valve that feeds a small manifold that houses the two locker solenoids.

That way the main bulk of storage is for the inflation and there is alway ample reduced locker supply.

There are heaps of air valve suppliers on Ebay, worth looking at all the components so you know whats available for the job.

Good project and it will be rewarding once you have it setup properly.

Matt.

bruggz351
01-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Yeah, like what macca said.
Safety/cut-out valve on the tank for 150 psi.
Outlet feeds a "T".
One branch of the "T" feeds 150 psi for tyres etc.
Other branch feeds, as macca said, regulator/pressure reducer that feeds 100 psi to your locker solinoids.
This could all be on the one manifold.

cheers