PDA

View Full Version : KJ Lift Kit

rye-g
10-07-2010, 10:16 AM
Does anyone out there have any suggestions for a lift kit for my 2006 petrol KJ?

I've had a read through most threads and obviously there are a few out there, but with varying results.

I'd like to get it lifted about 2.5 inch so I can get 30 inch tyres in but on the standard 16 inch rims. Possible????????

Also, has anyone out there used spacers to get there track wider for wider tyres?

Asked around with no concrete answers, but I know some of you gurus out there will have tried it or or know someone who has!

rye-g
11-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Maybe I'll just get a JK unlimited instead!!!!

mrwoody
15-07-2010, 12:01 AM
you might want to post this type of thing in the KJ section, so us KJ drivers see it!!!! lol

anyway, CRDSTU has supplied a number of lift kits to other forum members and has a good reputation. I ended up putting together a lift for my 2.8 CRD myself. I went with a set of king springs to give a 50mm lift and new rancho 9000 rear shocks.

I now run 245/75/16 all terrains which are 30.5" diameter on standard rims. I only have a very very small amount of rubbing on the plastic bumber at full lock. I have no issue with rubbing on the pinch welds.

For lots more information about KJ's try the lostjeep.com website.....

cheers