View Full Version : TJ Doors?

Peter and Trent McCormick
13-07-2010, 04:55 PM
just bought a tj look ,whats my best bet for security regarding door, full doors, sliders ,etc what you guys recon

stroked
13-07-2010, 08:57 PM
just bought a tj look ,whats my best bet for security regarding door, full doors, sliders ,etc what you guys recon

if someone has their mind set on breaking into your car then its going to happen anyway. no matter what. but if you are that worried about it and have the coin to spend then get full doors and a hardtop.

kitrino_tj
13-07-2010, 09:00 PM
full doors plus hardtop is probably the best

tj's post 01/02 fitted with an immobiliser are pretty hard to steal anyway

crawl3r
13-07-2010, 09:15 PM
i have full doors but a soft top

i locked my keys in the car today at supercheap auto

i liturally broke into my car in 30secs and had the keys in my hands.....

i just unzipped my side window and crawled into the back...it was way to easy....so lesson learned....don't leave anything valuable in the jeep!

but if its saftey your after full doors with hard top

i like the look of the soft top better as its not such a brick look to the jeep

oh and someone tried to get into my jeep one night at the front off my house....they were in the process of unzipping the back window when i ran out with a metal bat and chassed them down the road

so pretty much soft tops arnt the way to go if you want security haha arsehole broke the zip on my back window too

13-07-2010, 09:29 PM
i have a hard top and soft doors, i realise if someone is set on breaking into your car they will, but havong a plastic window they can cut with a knife would be more appealing to the average f*****t teen or person walking past my car at school or shopping centre then having a lockable glass door,

timglobal
13-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Been broken into twice (TJ softop). In "secure" parking. Thieves were kind enough to use the rear zips...

Roe984
14-07-2010, 08:48 AM
when i had a soft top and soft doors i very very rarely locked it, another bloke i knew had his soft top slashed with a knife twice in the same car park i kept mine in, his was locked....

maybe it was luck, but there was never anything in my jeep worth stealing either.

I now have resin/glass sliders and a hardtop and lock 50% of the time

Wooders
14-07-2010, 09:36 AM
Leave door uppers off or better yet the whole door ;)
Then either don't leave anything of value in the car or use a SOLID security storage area (eg tuffy consoles or underseat drawers).
Scum are everywhere, make it difficult to gain access & they'll just do more damage getting to it.

carvesdodo
14-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Leave door uppers off or better yet the whole door ;)

Then either don't leave anything of value in the car or use a SOLID security storage area (eg tuffy consoles or underseat drawers).
Scum are everywhere, make it difficult to gain access & they'll just do more damage getting to it.

Worked for me ....

Only time I ever had anything pinched was when I had the doors & roof on coz it was raining.

Most of the mongrels will just slash the plastic windows ..... coz they are too thick to use the zipper ...

Additionally ... since its not their vehicle ... they dont care how much damage they cause.

Parking outside a school ??? ... 400 plus, potential vandals nearby ??? ... I'd be catching a bus young Trent ... :D

Jeeps
14-07-2010, 11:53 AM
I locked the keys in jeep way out at a national park last weekend. I had the hardtop on but only the soft uppers so i was easily able to unzip the soft uppers from the outside and get into the jeep. Kinda defeats the purpose of locking it in the first place...

cheers

Morgs
14-07-2010, 01:59 PM
I locked the keys in jeep way out at a national park last weekend. I had the hardtop on but only the soft uppers so i was easily able to unzip the soft uppers from the outside and get into the jeep. Kinda defeats the purpose of locking it in the first place...

cheers

I love it :p I see no point in even locking mine as it has a soft top. The back is never locked and nothing internal is locked (glove box centre console). Sometimes I use a push button remote that the last owner installed to lock it but then I get into trouble from the missus as she has to turn the key too hard to unlock it. :0= With an immobiliser as standard and a steering lock (aftermarket extendable thing) always on ... why lock it if there is nothing valuable in it?

14-07-2010, 04:31 PM
i cant really take my valuable out of my car, e.g stereo

crawl3r
14-07-2010, 04:42 PM
i cant really take my valuable out of my car, e.g stereo

im got a full sound system in mine too...i jst take the deck facia and chuck it itno the center console and lock that, even tho they can rip it open with a bit of force, when they look in they still wont see anything

do what i did and hide your whole sound system so it looks stock...probley the best thing to do so when they look in they wont see anything

and just bolt down your sub in the boot if you have one.....

i jsut told my insurance i had a sound system so if i do get broken into its covered

but yeah, if they really wanna get in they will, its the risk we take having a soft top

crawl3r
14-07-2010, 04:45 PM
so Dec, you lock your self out of the TJ and leave the lights on all the time, ..... are you blond ??? :p

haha im just thinking of so many other things that i forget the simple shit

i locked my door and then swung it close and tried to stop it to get my keep but it was too quick.....

a few blonde momnets have been happening latley :cool:

RED_TJ
14-07-2010, 06:55 PM
I never lock mine, i just dont keep anything of value in the car.
works for me