PDA

View Full Version : Front Air Locker issues

Rosie
18-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Hey all, just had front and rear lockers installed and having some dramas with the front one. Most of the time it locks up fine but every now and then when i lock it the compressor cycles over and air just comes out of the diff breather. Turn it off and then on again a little while later and it works fine.

Anyone had anything like this before?

Cheers, Ben

TJIM
19-07-2010, 01:00 AM
Give ARB a call and get them to look at it. Could be a seal but it could also be a whole host of issues. Strike while the irons hot dude

booflux
19-07-2010, 08:16 AM
I had the same issue on the rear one when I had it fitted to my old Lux. Turned out that the centre had an elongated whole that was causing it to leak on certain angles only. They replaced the whole locker for me, as above go back asap while its all still new.

redneckjeeper
19-07-2010, 08:50 PM
Have had the same issue with my front locker as well, only last weekend at the waddos after driving for four hours the compressor kept cycling with the front locker engaged, got out ok with the back one, half an hout later it all came good, mine are about three years old:hammer: now so I just keep my fingers crossed, if it became more regular I would investigate further.

mika
19-07-2010, 10:55 PM
i have similar prob. front locker still engages but compressor keeps running. Locker is fairly new, i haven't found the leak/issue yet.

Thankfully i have a reliable detroit rear.

Rosie
19-07-2010, 11:41 PM
Well i didn't get it done by ARB as i had gears done at the same time. I got Brian to do them who is meant to be the best in the country but was hoping to research it a bit and maybee fix it myself before i call him.

Any more ideas?

TJ Dave
20-07-2010, 09:57 PM
ARB in Darwin refused to do mine (regear), so I did it myself.

Had a small leak in my front cause by a small scratch over where the O ring seats (my fault about the scratch. As the diff settled in, the leak has lessened. It's barely noticable now

TJD