View Full Version : KC Hilite Slimlites.

Suss
19-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Hey Guys ,

I got a new pair of the KC slimlites. Not sure how they go yet but I noticed that they have a pissy little mount on them which consists of a u shaped bracket with a small bolt going through the middle. ( see pic attached )

Has anyone thought up of any ways to maybe fit a heavier duty Vibrate proof mount on them ? as the ones at the moment arent that strong and will move around.

I guess you can make a larger "U shaped" bracket and use 2 bits of rubber to reduce vibrations and hold it with a larger nut and bolt. Any other ideas ?

Cheers

craigperth
19-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Glad you asked Suss...I am thinking of getting a set for the bonnet/windshild mount... how much did they cost you? where did you get them from??

Cheers

Suss
19-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Craig,

I got them with a bunch of other stuff online from Quadratec. I think they were $180 U.S for the pair, then you add in shipping etc. I got the KC's the windshield mounts and a set of clear indicators ( front and side ) for $440 incl Shipping.

Anyone know of a larger mount that can be used, maybe something similar to what the daylighters have ?

crawl3r
19-07-2010, 07:59 PM
im using them on my windsheild mounts and when im offroading at night they are fine, just make sure you really bolt it down with the nut supplies

you gonna wreck the paint on the black bolt they supply but at least its gonna stay where its supposed to right!

Suss
20-07-2010, 09:16 AM
OK, well if you find they do move , or you want a stronger hold , here is the solution.

I drilled a bigger hole through the existing hole on the bracket, This way you can fit a much larger bolt that can be tightened a lot harder. Seeing as the larger bolt has a larger head on it , the screws that screw in to the side of the bracket (allowing the light to pivot on the bracket ) tend to hit the larger head, i just put an extra washer on each side screw to hold them out a little and presto.

Let me know if you want pics.

crawl3r
20-07-2010, 11:46 AM
good job

but i rather not fix something that isnt broken hahaha

craigperth
20-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Suss would love to see pics :)

Suss
23-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Pics As requested.