PDA

View Full Version : Windsheild Light Brackets

Judd
20-07-2010, 04:33 PM
I got defected today for a few things on my truck 1 being light brackets for the windshield, i read in the 'guess who got defected' thread sometime ago that they where not illegalor no real law against them, well now they are :( well in the ACT anyways

Damn RTA ruining my afternoon :hammer:

So just a heads up guys, you maybe able top reason with the police but not the RTA, they a like stubbourn as a thousand ox's

bally12
20-07-2010, 04:45 PM
bugger aye what else did they get you for mate? i cant believe that the act rta actually looked at yours over all of the rust filled, lowered to the ground, guard missing bommodores here?????

Judd
20-07-2010, 04:51 PM
They got me tyres and suspension, mud flaps (or lack of) and the lights

Ill tell you how low they are, i ran in to the Dickson shop front to get a log book for work, i was 10 maybe 15 mins max, they walked outta the shed area, defected me and walked away and left the notice under my wiper.
Makes me :)-(:, i wonder why they have a bad name????, i would have like it more if they left a card saying pop over and see us in the shed.

Soooooooo wanna swap tyres so i can go over the pits?? yours are 33's yea?

bally12
20-07-2010, 05:03 PM
nah still on 31's lol, and still going most places with them......... i thought u were engineered for 35's and the 5.5"LA you have????

Judd
20-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Yea engineered for 35s in NSW 33s in ACT, i have had the limiting bolt removed from each side at the front, so i get a tighter turnin circle, but at full lock the tyre rubs the lower arms, he noticed the paint was rubbed back a little

Judd
20-07-2010, 05:08 PM
hmmm wonder if i can roll over on 31's :)

bally12
20-07-2010, 05:18 PM
they will fit onto yours not a worry, lift will look rediculously huge on 31's though lol, not even sure i can get your 35's under mine if we swapped for the pits lol, itd be rubbing a bloody lot i reckon.

supemad_one
20-07-2010, 06:53 PM
They got me tyres and suspension, mud flaps (or lack of) and the lights

Ill tell you how low they are, i ran in to the Dickson shop front to get a log book for work, i was 10 maybe 15 mins max, they walked outta the shed area, defected me and walked away and left the notice under my wiper.
Makes me :)-(:, i wonder why they have a bad name????, i would have like it more if they left a card saying pop over and see us in the shed.

Soooooooo wanna swap tyres so i can go over the pits?? yours are 33's yea?

Would offer you my 30s but i dont think 35s will get me to work and back. I think the lights maybe illegal if above a certain height i think. Tho i cant talk im running roof lights.

Just know a mate who had to have lights built into his bull bar because his standard lights were above the height restriction for ACT

paulh
20-07-2010, 07:56 PM
It's not the height of the driving light.

Driving Lights on a TJ windshield pillars are a little illegal as driving lights must not be placed wider than the dipped or low beam headlamps.

Paul