View Full Version : 150kg driver !!!

MADbunyip
20-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Gudday all!
I own a 03 TJ and have just had a skyjacker spring lift - it saggs ever so slightly in the rear - ok with no load but I'm a big fella and i also tow a small camper - allways thought of putting very small coil spacers in the drivers side prob 10mm just to compensate with my wieght (150+kg) but now thinking of putting spacers in the rear just to level it out ?? any ideas - oh 2.5' skyjacker springs and transfer spaced no SYE - opinions ??

bally12
20-07-2010, 09:49 PM
coil spacers would compensate the sag in the springs, just have to watch how much you lift it with coil spacers as 2.5'' is getting quite big for a tj even with transfer spacers, sye and coil spacers would be a better option.

Morgs
20-07-2010, 10:00 PM
I completely agree with what bally12 has said but I'm sure he and many others have been doing this for a lot longer then I have. You might well be 150+ kg but I wouldn't bother putting in a spring spacer up the front on one side only. I'm sure the sag on the drivers side is not really that much considering that most weigh 80/90 odd kg perhaps on average.

If you notice the front right coil having sagged because of always driving your TJ without a passenger just swap the drivers side springs down the track with the passenger side springs.

stroked
20-07-2010, 10:29 PM
i thought you could buy springs that prevent drivers side sag?

i know my springs had specific LEFT and RIGHT on them

josh9465
21-07-2010, 10:51 AM
my rear susp sagged too so i got airbags from these ppl:

http://www.airsprings.com.au/

they just need to know how much lift you have to compensate for the different size in airbags compared to stock springs.