View Full Version : Help with RE 3.5 lift please.

deanfoldi
31-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Hey guys just looking over the instructions for the lift and a few things i am unsure of.....
19. Re-drill front track bar axle bracket over toward drivers side ¾”, center-to- center (or install optional adjustable front track bar). Reconnect track bar at new hole. this i have absolutley no idea about it just does not make sense to me.

and then there is this part...........
29. With the track bar bracket in place, drill two 5/16” holes in the axle mount where the plastic dust shield was previously located, one on top and one on angled surface.
ptretty sure the bracket i got does not even look like this one i have the ome bracket. can any one shed any light on this for me ?
or better still if any one has installed this and is free next sat when im doin the install and would like to help im happy to put on lunch and buy the beers :)
Thanks for your help.

Dean.

Oh and here is a link to the instructions.

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Images/Products/RE7003/RE7003.pdf

Wooders
31-07-2010, 09:50 PM
The standard Panhard (yanks call them a Trackbar) is fixed in length. One end is "fixed" to the chassis and as the vehicle goes up & down, the axle end moves in an arch pulling the axle left/right.
So when you fit a lift kit with the Stamdard panhard, the axle is pulled to one side.
The fixes are:
an adjustable panhard,
A bracket to lower/raise the panhard or
Re-mount the panhard to re-centre the axle (hence drilling the bracket as described in the instructions).
In the rear, the OME bracket is retained and used with your kit and the US LHD bracket (& instructions) discarded.
Hope that makes sense. Any questions just let me know.

deanfoldi
31-07-2010, 10:03 PM
so does that mean there is a bracket i can use for the front and back panhard ?

deanfoldi
31-07-2010, 10:03 PM
i just dont wanna drill the panhard rod in the wrong place and f it up....

Wooders
31-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Ok it's not 100% vital that you relocated it - but it means the "Thrust angle" will be slightly screwed.
It you follow some basic steps it's prety hard to screwup.
But the adjustable panhard is an alternative if you don't want todrill, but want it right.

deanfoldi
31-07-2010, 10:31 PM
ok well ill wait till i put the kit in next week and see how it goes and take it from there i guess . if i get stuck ill give u a buzz if you dont mind.

Will239
01-08-2010, 01:12 AM
Get the adjustable front panhard, or drill a new hole in the axle panhard mount to compensate if your retaining the stock panhard.

For the rear, use the drop bracket, the OME one should bolt straight on.

deanfoldi
01-08-2010, 01:48 AM
Get the adjustable front panhard, or drill a new hole in the axle panhard mount to compensate if your retaining the stock panhard.

For the rear, use the drop bracket, the OME one should bolt straight on.

yeah i wanna drill it untill i can afford the adjustable....but what do i drill the actual panhard rod or where it mounts to the chassis ? and how far across and say im looking at the car from the front do i go towards the passanger or drivers side .

willow
01-08-2010, 09:58 AM
I'd wait and get a adjustable panhard. Just put the lift kit in, your axle will pull to the drivers side (tyre will stick out more) you'll find it will be fine untill you get a adjustable panhard.

If you still want to drill, you drill the bracket on the axle. Put the new lift in and leave the panhard to last, fix the chassis end and you will see how far the axle end needs to move over. But I would just fit it and see how it goes.

Will239
01-08-2010, 12:16 PM
i'd wait and get a adjustable panhard. Just put the lift kit in, your axle will pull to the drivers side (tyre will stick out more) you'll find it will be fine untill you get a adjustable panhard.

If you still want to drill, you drill the bracket on the axle. Put the new lift in and leave the panhard to last, fix the chassis end and you will see how far the axle end needs to move over. But i would just fit it and see how it goes.

x2.............