View Full Version : Steering fluid leak and clutch options

Jeepin It
01-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Does anyone have a problem when their 4wdin, with the steering fluid leaking out of the filler cap or surrounds. It comes out and hits the belts which makes my car squeal, its starting to annoy me. Not sure what I can do to fix it. It isnt overfilled and the cap looks fine the seal is making good contact cant figure it out :(:(:(

And my thrust bearing is starting annoy me so thinking of just doing the clutch at the same time because im pretty sure its on the way out. Whats the best one too get. maybe a safari tuff clutch but i dunno any help would be appreciated. Hmmmmmm starting to get the feeling of "Jeep Empty Every Pocket"

sht50
01-08-2010, 08:54 PM
just means te powersteer fluid is getting a bit hot. mine did it all the time until i put a powersteer cooler on it and now it doesnt do it at all.. i would look into putting one on it.

Jeepin It
01-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Where would I get a powersteering cooler ?? never seen one tbh

fil
02-08-2010, 09:41 AM
use an auto trans cooler. same thing, you just need to mount it out front of the radiator and run the return (low pressure) line that runs from the steering box to the p/s pump cannister (plastic bit) to it. Its pretty easy, if you have a look it is mostly a steel pipe, apart from about 40cm of rubber hose that goes from the cannister to the steel pipe down under your coolant over flow bottle. Take the hose off and get some auto trans cooler hose and run it from the steel pipe out to the cooler and from the cooler to the cannister. Make sure you get the right hose as auto trans cooler hose is resistant to oil where as fuel line ect will turn to crap pretty quick from the oil. Oh dont forget to top off your p/s fluid after your done tooo.