View Full Version : Sye and hd drive shaft

Jeepin It
02-08-2010, 12:25 AM
My understanding of the hd drive shaft is to allow for the lift by incorporating the double cardan joints, which compensates the lift. And the sye because as you lift the car it pulls it further and further out of the slip yoke. But I was looking on the wooders site and it recommends that you need shock relocation brackets and adjustable upper control arms . I don't understand why you need these ? Can you do a sye conversion without the new control arms and vice versa because arnt they both solveing the se
Problem?? Hmm I'm now Confused I need to get the sye sorted so I can take out those stupid TC spacers and get a body lift mmmm 33's how I can't wait to have you.

bally12
02-08-2010, 09:12 AM
adjustable upper control arms will allow you to correct the angle of which the driveshaft enters the rear diff, when you lift it the diff will remain faceing forwards but the jeep is going higher so the entry angle of the driveshaft is still to much, adjustable uppers let you rotate the diff forward or backward so the angle of the driveshaft entering the diff is almost non existant= a much smoother ride and less likely to blow a uni apart

as for shock relocation brackets once you get to a hight the shocks will foul up and cause them damage etc, the relocation brackets move them out of harms way

you can do the sye and hd with out these two parts as long as the lift is fairly minimal ie under 2.5''