PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Clicking question

TuboJeep
06-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Hi Guys,

The new Wrangler has a bit of a clicking sound coming from the gbox area when depressed, and this can also create sometimes a bit of a jerk when taking off or when changing gears
they call it a chatter? or something like that? (dealer we got it from)
apparently caused by the gbox design itself and its not something you can fix/change and shouldn't become an issue.

Has anyone experienced this? any experience of having the issue get worse? cause any other issues?

I appreciate your answers in advance.

Mike

stroked
08-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Hi Guys,

The new Wrangler has a bit of a clicking sound coming from the gbox area when depressed, and this can also create sometimes a bit of a jerk when taking off or when changing gears
they call it a chatter? or something like that? (dealer we got it from)
apparently caused by the gbox design itself and its not something you can fix/change and shouldn't become an issue.

Has anyone experienced this? any experience of having the issue get worse? cause any other issues?

I appreciate your answers in advance.

Mike

i had it before my clutch fried, dissapeard with the new clutch and havent seen it since haha.

bonza
08-08-2010, 10:31 AM
pretty hard to diagnose, but if you here the noise while depressing the clutch, probably the throwout bearing or if the noise becomes apparent while fully depressed then likely to be the pilot bearing.

seems the throwout bearing is a bit of a weak link in these

previous owner may have drowned it in mud and water and depressed the clutch whilst so and stuffed the pressure plate

chatter is als likely to be a worn or damaged clutch, or a new one has been misaligned during installation

jerkiness during launch in first gear is common with the six speed and the gear first to second gear change can be notchy