PDA

View Full Version : JK Wrangler Rubicon in manual diesel

yagon
10-08-2010, 09:32 PM
I'm thinkning about replacing m XJ cherokee with a JK for setup for touring. My immediate inclination was a Rubicon spec in a manual diesel - but this config isn't available.

Why would jeep do this? I thought this config would be the most useful touring option?

SeaComms
10-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Too much torque on the clutch and many were having probs with them prematurely burning out. Rather than upgrade the clutch they dropped the manual...

Macca2801
10-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Rubicon has never been available with a diesel.

We are flyspec in the world sales of JKs and I guess we should be lucky we get the diesel at all considering it isnt available in the US market.

They did the CRD with the option of the off-road pack that gave you rear difflock and front sway bar disconnet...but its gone now for 2011 according to sources!

Matt.

Tasar
10-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Macca

that isn't 100% true - the crd's are made in Egypt for the european market in the rubicon confige but equivalent of $70K Aus - they just offer the crd in the renegade pack with off road group about the same price as a rubi

they need some serious volumes in the crd's to be competitive compared to the petrol - we just need the petrol to be a v8 or a better engine and it would be great

Macca2801
10-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Macca

that isn't 100% true - the crd's are made in Egypt for the european market in the rubicon confige but equivalent of $70K Aus - they just offer the crd in the renegade pack with off road group about the same price as a rubi

they need some serious volumes in the crd's to be competitive compared to the petrol - we just need the petrol to be a v8 or a better engine and it would be great

Yeah mate no worries... I was replying to the original poster who WANTS ONE... feel free to get one from egypt for him ok! Till then....THEY DO NOT EXIST IN AUST! So just tell me what part isnt true? Please Im sure plenty would like a Rubi Diesel in Aust and you have found one???

Pipeliner
11-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Too much torque on the clutch and many were having probs with them prematurely burning out. Rather than upgrade the clutch they dropped the manual...

Surely the CRD in the JK is the same 2.8 that's in the KJ? I had my first clutch replaced after 2-3,000km, but since then there have been no problems with it handling the torque - and I've had a DPChip virtually from new giving 440Nm.