13-08-2010, 05:38 PM
hey guys
is 215000 kms starting to get high for one of these

looking at buying one but the k's scare me a little

any input appriciated

cheers

burnz
14-08-2010, 01:02 AM
Mines just hit 250,000km and has recently started using a lot of oil. Also cam pos sensor recently went and fuel sender to name a few. I read a writeup somewhere about the Mopar Modular which said that they were designed to be maintenance free for the first 150,000 miles (240,000km) so guess I,ve done OK. Heard of a few that were still going strong at over 300,000km. It depends a lot on servicing and how well you look after it: I give mine a pretty hard time. Best of luck, they are a great 4by and I love mine and will just keep fixing it up. Putting another motor in over the next few weeks.

nzdans
15-08-2010, 08:18 PM
I'd say yes, it's getting there. From what I have gathered on the WJ the engine is the weak point over extended ks although if treated well can last to 300km+. I reckon you're best off with lower ks unless this one has an impeccable service hoistory and/or you don't mind contemplating an engine refresh in the (potentially not to distant) future.

I'm not sold on the Limited version either (I'm probably too biased to help myself here), more trivial electrickery to fail, leather-meh. Quadra drive could be the savior unless you want to go lockers then you'll want the Laredo's open diffs to accommodate. If it helps I picked up our 1 owner ex school bus/ shopping trolley a year ago @ 100kms for $12k, immaculate (although the heater core failed soon after purchase).

Brick
16-08-2010, 11:59 AM
cheers guys

think i will keep looking....