PDA

View Full Version : control arms and extended brake lines question

Jeepin It
21-08-2010, 10:32 PM
hey im looking at control arms on wooders, what does everyone think of the superflex adjustables by rubicon express?? and do i need to purchase anything else to install these. i will do sye and driveshaft next. Also are all the brake lines the same because on wooders they dont name which models the extended ones are for ?? any help would be great

bally12
21-08-2010, 10:36 PM
if your looking on wooders website wouldnt it make sense to call and ask him these questions??? yes you can buy the arms and put them straight in i believe, i am not sure of the brake lines tho

Jeepin It
21-08-2010, 11:55 PM
if your looking on wooders website wouldnt it make sense to call and ask him these questions??? yes you can buy the arms and put them straight in i believe, i am not sure of the brake lines tho

well its 9:54 and just in a buying mood haha if he had a 24hr hotline id be more than happy to call him.

supemad_one
22-08-2010, 12:02 AM
mate, im running the rubicon superflex adjustable control arms all round.. I highly recommend them. They are quite easy to take on and off.
Also don't be concerned by the issues that Rubicon Express had with their bushes early last year. The issue has been looked after. I have done over 30,000 kms on them and they are still looking new.

As far as the brake lines just look at the product code for them included in the RE superflex kit and put them into the search area on the wooders site, it will give you the correct ones. For 2" - 4" lift you need 18" - 22" brake lines.. Im running 22" with my 3.5" lift and they are just the right length.

Jeepin It
22-08-2010, 12:07 AM
mate, im running the rubicon superflex adjustable control arms all round.. I highly recommend them. They are quite easy to take on and off.
Also don't be concerned by the issues that Rubicon Express had with their bushes early last year. The issue has been looked after. I have done over 30,000 kms on them and they are still looking new.

As far as the brake lines just look at the product code for them included in the RE superflex kit and put them into the search area on the wooders site, it will give you the correct ones. For 2" - 4" lift you need 18" - 22" brake lines.. Im running 22" with my 3.5" lift and they are just the right length.

thanks alot mate id like to get the rear brakeline aswell is it necessary tho?? im def getting these arms now haha need to do something so i can take out my transfer case drop and get a body lift

crawl3r
22-08-2010, 12:11 AM
im curious about the control arms as ill be needing some soon too

do you need all of the control arms like front upper and lower and rear upper and lower or can you just get away with fronts?

supemad_one
22-08-2010, 12:17 AM

do you need all of the control arms like front upper and lower and rear upper and lower or can you just get away with fronts?

think you can get away with just replacing the lower control arms. But depends on how high you go as to whether you should get adjustable ones or not.

Jeepin It
22-08-2010, 12:30 AM

the reason i just bought some was to correct the pinion angle. im getting an sye and driveshaft too then im getting 3.5 inch springs so thought the control arms were a step in the right direction . plus i got some brake lines al delivered for under 500 in 2 days :):)

bally12
22-08-2010, 09:28 AM
well its 9:54 and just in a buying mood haha if he had a 24hr hotline id be more than happy to call him.

Ahhhh touché you make a valid point. Remember when putting your control arms in that the weight of the car has to be on the control arms before tightening then up. It let's them settle in a lot better

Jeepin It
22-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Ahhhh touché you make a valid point. Remember when putting your control arms in that the weight of the car has to be on the control arms before tightening then up. It let's them settle in a lot better

So do i replaced them with the wheels on full flex then let it down and tighten it all up?

Kiwi Jeeper
22-08-2010, 12:33 PM
If you are doing SYE and rear double cardan driveshaft, you just need adjustable rear uppers to adjust pinion angle.

Generally, lower controls are used to adjust wheelbase (or regain it after lift) and uppers are used to adjust pinion angles front and back.

If you are going 4"+, front lowers also help with caster angle adjustment.

Rear brake line is long enough that it does not cause a problem unless you go 6"+ lift.

Front brake line need replacing if you go 4.5"+ lift. Easiest way is to get YJ front brake lines and use them instead. They are about 3-4" longer because of where they were mounted, but work perfectly on a TJ with 4.5"+ lift.

Hope this helps.

Jeepin It
22-08-2010, 05:49 PM
I bought the rubicon express rear upper control arms. and some rubicon express front 20" brake lines. i was out wheeling the other day and i parked up on this rut to take a flex pic and saw that the brake line was streched on one side pretty bad(limiting travel) only on a 2 inch lift with discos so yeh its good insurance i think for $112 cbf with being stuck with no brakes and brake fluid everywhere

bally12
22-08-2010, 05:56 PM
So do i replaced them with the wheels on full flex then let it down and tighten it all up?

prrreeeettttttyyyyyyyyy much

TassieTJ
22-08-2010, 10:41 PM
hey im looking at control arms on wooders, what does everyone think of the superflex adjustables by rubicon express?? and do i need to purchase anything else to install these. i will do sye and driveshaft next. Also are all the brake lines the same because on wooders they dont name which models the extended ones are for ?? any help would be great

Control arms mate, google it.
Rubicon still have not fixed the problem, not matter what anyone else say's.

everything else depends on how much lift you have

good arms are rusty's or rokmen. bush's in the rubicon are still crap! 4 dots on them or not search pirate, rubiconownersforum or me :p:p

Wooders
22-08-2010, 11:46 PM
Control arms mate, google it.
Rubicon still have not fixed the problem, not matter what anyone else say's.

everything else depends on how much lift you have

good arms are rusty's or rokmen. bush's in the rubicon are still crap! 4 dots on them or not search pirate, rubiconownersforum or me :p:p

Mate you always seem to be jumping on the anti RE band wagon, but you should get your facts straight. Rubicon Have been through a few different bushes - the 4 "dots" were on 2 different series of bushes.
Did Rubicon have an issue with their bushes - Yes. But having said that they HAVE changed the formula for the bushes.
And yes the bushes have been replaced under warranty where they have failed prematuruely (and we also track them very carefully in our system so we can see if there is a repeat problem).

[NVIOUS]
23-08-2010, 12:37 AM
good arms are rusty's or rokmen

+1 for Rokmen arms, my front uppers look very well made. Just hard to get in Aus

Rosie
23-08-2010, 12:38 AM
Rubicon Arms are great, My rears have had the bushes cut off and had blue Patrol type ones put in but the fronts seem fine with the new style so far.

I'd go fixed Lowers for strength and flex and adjustable uppers for castor and pinion adjustment with the lift. The stock arms are weak as piss as some of us found out quite easily.

TassieTJ
23-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Mate you always seem to be jumping on the anti RE band wagon, but you should get your facts straight. Rubicon Have been through a few different bushes - the 4 "dots" were on 2 different series of bushes.
Did Rubicon have an issue with their bushes - Yes. But having said that they HAVE changed the formula for the bushes.
And yes the bushes have been replaced under warranty where they have failed prematuruely (and we also track them very carefully in our system so we can see if there is a repeat problem).

I'm just adding my experience's that I have had with them, trying to help someone mate, no bandwagon at all, I spent thousands to lift my TJ only to have the bush's stuff up after 20k's, I don't think that Rubicon Express have fixed the problem judging by some comments posted recently on the U.S forums, also mine were not replaced under warranty yet they were 2 years old and have under 20k on them that's the fact, So if I seem to be anti Rubicon Express I believe I have just cause sorry

Kiwi Jeeper
23-08-2010, 05:49 PM
I have been running RE rear adjustable UCA for almost 3 years now without any problems at all. So I guess that would be a positive endorsement on my part. Done over 40k kms.

Having said that, I am running front lower adjustables from Rokmen, a great product. Fully endorse them. Beefy to the point of overkill.

Jeepin It
23-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Now Now.... everyone has their own opinion. Meh their bought and ill see how they go if ther shitty and flunk out after a year ill send em back.. im sure they dont like to sell a bad product so im sure they would like to have a look at em if their destroyed. I only drive on weekends anyways so no biggy.

cj5350
31-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Been running the rubicon arms for well over 70,000 klm and bushes are still perfect.
As Wooders said, they might have had a bad batch but both he and rubicon stand behind their products.

supemad_one
31-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Absolutely nothing wrong with the Rubicon bushes. I have had them for 10 months and almost 30,000kms and still as good as the day i bout them.
Would have no reason not to recommend them.

Jeepin It
31-08-2010, 10:14 PM
good to know i made the right choice then. :)

stroked
31-08-2010, 11:07 PM
howd you go with all this?

Jeepin It
01-09-2010, 08:39 AM
I still havnt received them yet ordered them a week and a half ago and payed extra for the faster courier. Hopefully I'll have em by the end of the week.:)