View Full Version : So i flogged out a part.....that's common for me

stu
25-08-2010, 08:12 AM
i flogged out the ball joint that is fixed to the drag link that goes to the pitman arm....its the long ball joint which has the steering stabilizer fixed to it.

i have also contacted the local US market to find another but that is a RHS specific part so they don't stock it.

i imagine if i was to go to jeep i'd have a heart attack if i was to ask for the price of one.

The other option is Jeeeparts in Harvey bay but before i ask them has anyone who has done a Diff upgrade to their TJ got one in good condition lying around?

ian
25-08-2010, 09:37 AM
just get one from wooders,but could be a old one at my place can have a look on the weekend.

stu
25-08-2010, 10:36 AM
Ian

It's the whole drag link that im after not just a ball joint.

The ball joint at the pitman end is fine the ball joint at the steering knuckle which i think is not removable / replaceable has some wear, slop in it.

I,ts been giving me the wobbles specifically when the front passenger tyres hi a good bump....and the steering stabilizer is all good.

ian
25-08-2010, 11:05 AM
i think there is one at home, but could of went to the dump?, dont know the condition? but if its still there you can have it.

stu
25-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Sweet.

let me know when you can.

AJ
25-08-2010, 05:09 PM
I needed a new draglink after the 4x4 Masters last month. Ordered it from Mascot Motors in Nowra. They had it sent to my place within the week.

They stock both new and used draglinks depending what you wanna pay :D

http://www.mascotmotors.com.au/

I think mine was $185 for a used one but it's in perfect condition. Double that for a new one.

AJ
25-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Just keep your short end ball joint and adjustment sleeve as it didn't come with new ones.