View Full Version : SYE Fitment on TJ

Wrangler TJ in SA
02-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Ok Just order my SYE kit for the TJ and will look at installing this myself, Have read on here about all the SYE installs on various madels and brands of lifts.

However Just wanting to know if anyone on here that has an OME HD lift has needed to use longer arms and shock relocation brackets etc. as this was suggested by wooders as a MAYBE needed?

Any help would be appreciated. if you have had to do this with this particular set up.

Cheers

Matty ducati
02-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Adjustable arms are needed and the shock relocation brackets are very easy to fit if you get the bolt on ones.

flamenjeep
02-09-2010, 09:35 PM
iv been running the sye with ome 2" lift, 1" coil spacers and dont have adjustable arms for almost 2years now with no problems

Kiwi Jeeper
02-09-2010, 09:39 PM
When I was running OME HD springs, no I did not need adjustable arms or shock relocators. This was with Dana 44 rear. Mine is JB Conversion Super Shorty. Ran it for a couple of years without any problems.

Matty ducati
03-09-2010, 12:38 AM
As it has been said, you dont NEED adjustable arms but dont drive it hard and go and stock up on Uni's for that tail shaft. You dont need a sye to run 2" lift but you guys seemed to get that.
I believe you should get them as it helps to get them uni's straight, thats why people get a sye, so why half do the job, it can cost you in the long run.

Wrangler TJ in SA
07-09-2010, 08:44 AM
Cheers Guys,
Yeah my last jeep didnt have the adjustable arms nor the relocation brackets, so this is new to me however once the SYE and diff ratios are in I recon I will eventually look into this for a later mod.
Would make life easier if I had another TJ here in SA to compare too.

Thanks for the info Guys