PDA

View Full Version : adjustable control arms

Jeepin It
05-09-2010, 10:15 PM
hey i installed my rear upper adjustable control arms today, and i took out the transfer case spacers. my question is how much should i extend the arms for a 2 inch lift or is the best way to just play with it untill the vibes disappear?? atm ive only pushed them out 7 mm over stock because i forgot to get the shock brackets so the shocks foul on the coil bucket. But how far should i rotate the diff ??

And how do i take all the mounting brackets off the brake lines ?? so i can just cable tie them and make it neat

brenttj
05-09-2010, 10:17 PM
hey mate you got a sye yet

Jeepin It
05-09-2010, 10:47 PM
thats next on the list with a DC driveshaft on such a small lift the arms should be enough to correct the angle, well so ive heard

CheSter
06-09-2010, 01:29 PM
I'd be interested in how far you end up winding them out... I wound mine out about 10 mm yesterday to tweak some vibes I had. Seems ok .. will more interesting as my fuel tank heads towards empty and the ass of the truck rides up a bit on the springs.

C

ian
06-09-2010, 02:21 PM
you can always notch the coil bucket to clear the shocks or get shock relocation bracket for the diff end of the shock.

brenttj
06-09-2010, 02:49 PM
i didnt realise you could use adj uppers to correct with 2 inch looks like im taking my tc spacer out and winding my jks adj out this weekend i got them cheap of hear and just chucked them in

Jeepin It
06-09-2010, 08:10 PM
i didnt realise you could use adj uppers to correct with 2 inch looks like im taking my tc spacer out and winding my jks adj out this weekend i got them cheap of hear and just chucked them in

From what ive heard and read you can i plan on gettin an sye and dc driveshaft at some point but ive spent enough in the last two weeks. before i get 33's and bigger lift ill definatly get the driveshaft sorted properly. BTW the only joint i keep blowing is the one closest to the diff so just need to take some pressure off it.

ill just push it out another 5 mm and it should be perfect hopefully if not it will be up on stands and changed