PDA

View Full Version : Soft top zipper repair

ZacsTJ
10-09-2010, 02:22 PM
I'm looking reputable auto trimmer who can repair a TJ soft tops zippers.

I tried searching but could not find exactly what I needed.

So I have two broken zippers on my 04 TJ (with factory soft top)- the left hand rear window zip, and the large rear window zip. I called a number of trim shops in the Campbeltown and Narellan area and finally found a guy who said he could replace them. I dropped the top off on Monday and he said it would be ready Tuesday. After many calls to him asking for an update, he finally told me today (Friday) that he couldn't do it. After a huge spray at the guy over how much wasted time and money has come of his failure, I am still without a place that can fix my top.

Has anyone had zippers replaced on their TJ and can recommend an auto trimmer (hopefully) south of Sydney that can DEFINITELY repair my top?

Cheers in advance.

SteveT
16-09-2010, 11:12 PM
I'm looking reputable auto trimmer who can repair a TJ soft tops zippers.

I tried searching but could not find exactly what I needed.

So I have two broken zippers on my 04 TJ (with factory soft top)- the left hand rear window zip, and the large rear window zip. I called a number of trim shops in the Campbeltown and Narellan area and finally found a guy who said he could replace them. I dropped the top off on Monday and he said it would be ready Tuesday. After many calls to him asking for an update, he finally told me today (Friday) that he couldn't do it. After a huge spray at the guy over how much wasted time and money has come of his failure, I am still without a place that can fix my top.

Has anyone had zippers replaced on their TJ and can recommend an auto trimmer (hopefully) south of Sydney that can DEFINITELY repair my top?

Cheers in advance.
PM sent...............

fil
17-09-2010, 12:52 PM
have a look here, http://zipfix.net/ most of the time the sliders are all the is worn out, the zip itself will still be ok, i got 2 repair kits from zipfixtoo and repaired both the front uppers for the doors and they work as good as if not better then new and all up it was under $50 aus including post.

B-RAD
17-09-2010, 07:40 PM
I had a few zips jam up and not work on my soft top I found that if I cleaned and rubbed wax on the zip every few car washes it went away.