PDA

View Full Version : Vacume plug for heater disconnected.

MR EXTREME JEEP
12-09-2010, 09:55 PM
I accidently unplugged this plug today.
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm102/MREXTREMEJEEP/IMG_1717.jpg
Its connected to the direction selecting knob on the heater controls.
When I unplugged it it started losing air. Very slight hiss coming out of the plug. The wires are actually hose. Now I cant change the direction of the air from floor to screen or anything. Its stuck on face direction. Anyone know what I need to do ro get it working again?

bally12
12-09-2010, 10:37 PM
mine did something similiar although i didnt touch what is in the pic. mine was broken inside the actually selector nob and when trying to turn it to different mods the nob would turn on its shaft but because it was broken it wouldnt turn the shaft to the next mode, it would just spin on it. i didnt even know it had broken until i hit it by acident and the nob fell out. might be something to look at???

carvesdodo
12-09-2010, 10:54 PM
Try starting the vehicle and running it a high idle or go for a drive round the block .... and then see if the controls work again.

When you unplugged the hoses - you upset the vacuum system and the little plastic reservoir under the brake booster at the bottom of the wheel arch .... probably needs a recharge.

MR EXTREME JEEP
12-09-2010, 11:17 PM
mine did something similiar although i didnt touch what is in the pic. mine was broken inside the actually selector nob and when trying to turn it to different mods the nob would turn on its shaft but because it was broken it wouldnt turn the shaft to the next mode, it would just spin on it. i didnt even know it had broken until i hit it by acident and the nob fell out. might be something to look at???

Ther are two 8mm screws thathold it inplace. The console need too come out. Easy fix.

I drove it for over 2 hours today. Hasnt come good. How do I recharge it? Iknow the box your talking about. I had to relocate it when I put the snorkle in its way.

carvesdodo
12-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Just driving it should have done the job .....

Did the plug go back together OK ??

Any chance you snagged the hoses and maybe pulled one off the selector control or one of the vent actuators ??

There is a FSM test for the system but you need all the gear ... aircon places should be able do a test tho.

MR EXTREME JEEP
13-09-2010, 07:35 AM
Thanks Carves.