View Full Version : Trans cooler hose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

brenttj
19-09-2010, 05:50 PM
So i finally got my jeep back home and had a look underneath the auto trans pipe on the passenger side coming out of the bottom of the radiator is cracked where the pipe mounts on to the bolt that screws into the bottom of the radiator anyone wouldnt happen to have a spare one lying around or know where i can get one, also i lost all my fluid so do you think its ********ed the transmission i only realised something was wrong when i lost drive so all the fluid was already all over the trail .

fil
19-09-2010, 06:34 PM
Ive got a couple laying around, i will dig them out and let you know. You wont really know if you have damaged anything until you get some fluid in it and drive it, but most likely it will be alright as long as you didnt keep trying once it lost drive.

brenttj
19-09-2010, 06:47 PM
cheers mate yeah was out last night wheeling and it just sprayed everywhere lost all fluid in about 2 min i think its only about a 3mm crack right where it goes into the the radiator do i need the whole hose back to the auto box you reckon??

brenttj
19-09-2010, 06:52 PM
nope not a rubber hose the metal on the attaches to th bolt at th bottom of the radiator

brenttj
19-09-2010, 06:56 PM
yeah my key board is ********ed and doesnt work some time yeah i need the fitting but its crimped to the rubber hose no where i can get one cause i need it running its my dd

brenttj
19-09-2010, 08:00 PM
what do you use think of if i but a barb fitting in place of the nut and just cut of the crack in the hard line and hose clamp it with rubber tranny hose??

redneckjeeper
19-09-2010, 08:06 PM
that will work, Ive seen many transmissions run out of fluid but very seldon do they fail.

brenttj
19-09-2010, 08:07 PM
yeah hopefully going overseas on wednesday so hopefully can dodge something up before then