PDA

View Full Version : Lost jeep keys

yols
24-09-2010, 10:35 PM
Who would of thought how much a pain in the arse it would be to get a new key cut for my 97' tj.

i payed 30 something buck to get an original key sent up from melbourne that i didnt even need. and i get a key code from jeep that doesnt even work for my car.

very frustrating. any one else had this problem???

brenttj
24-09-2010, 10:51 PM
Try a locksmith they normally can program keys for your car

bonza
25-09-2010, 07:47 AM
so you dont have a spare key at all that can be copied? at least a '97 doesnt have the sentry key, then you are really knackered.

contact ian, he is the key guru here

Tassie Jeeper
25-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Who would of thought how much a pain in the arse it would be to get a new key cut for my 97' tj.

i payed 30 something buck to get an original key sent up from melbourne that i didnt even need. and i get a key code from jeep that doesnt even work for my car.

very frustrating. any one else had this problem???

when i baught my car it only had 1 key so i got another cut it cost me $150

the locksmith said i should consider myself lucky a new key for an imprezza is like 550 lol

yols
25-09-2010, 09:08 PM
looks like either the locks had been changed on my car or the guy at jeep had no idea. eventually had to pop the locks off on my doors and take them in tp get made that way. bit of stuff around but all good in the end. went to lock pro at holland park. good to deal with if your in qld