Engine transplant - BA/BF 4.0L into a TJ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lewy2001
    CrawlerStar
    • Jan 2014

Barra conversion completed now to get it passed by the engineer. Need a weighbridge ticket and his certificate. Sorted all the little issues with elec fans and speed sensor etc. Test driven around the neighbourhood a few times and it is basically sorted.
    Have contemplated trying to get bigger tyres and a better GVM towing capacity included in the engineer report. But engineer advised that GVM upgrades are very hard to get through right now and getting the tyre size increase will involve testing and higher costs.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Fishframe
      Full Flexer
      • Apr 2020

Any update Lewy?
      Jeep TJ rebuilt 4.0L, Custom Steel Roof Racks, vintage ((Jeep specific)) 15 Centerline Hellcats,

Comment

• Lewy2001
        CrawlerStar
        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Fishframe View Post
        Any update Lewy?
        Have been a bit slow on getting weighbridge and Engineer approval. Other projects have surfaced

Still collecting parts though purchased 5 265 X 75 x 16s (almost 32's) and some 4.11 gears front and rear gearsets and Dana 30 auto locker. Still trying to get hold of a reasonably priced SYE and double cardon rear driveshaft.

These parts will be added after engineer certification.

Comment

• tas8923
          I just registered
          • Jun 2023

Originally posted by Lewy2001 View Post
          Barra conversion completed now to get it passed by the engineer. Need a weighbridge ticket and his certificate. Sorted all the little issues with elec fans and speed sensor etc. Test driven around the neighbourhood a few times and it is basically sorted.
          Have contemplated trying to get bigger tyres and a better GVM towing capacity included in the engineer report. But engineer advised that GVM upgrades are very hard to get through right now and getting the tyre size increase will involve testing and higher costs.
          hey im looking to put a barra in my tj with the novak adapter so if im reading this right if i use my el 4ltr bellhousing and a rear sumped barra and then use a universal weld in mounts kit should be all good yeah

Comment

Working...
          X